New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

And there was me thinking we were special and that this deal with FxPro was a step forward, then low and behold a lesser club in Fulham announce the exact same sponsor... not good. Slightly disappointing if you ask me.

I wouldn't care if we had the same sponsors as Kidderminster Harriers, as long as they're paying what we're asking.

And let's be fair to Fulham; when was the last time we got to a European final? I do agree that they're a "smaller" team in terms of domestic performances/financial clout but the insinuation that we should be looking down our noses at them is a bit arrogant.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And there was me thinking we were special and that this deal with FxPro was a step forward, then low and behold a lesser club in Fulham announce the exact same sponsor... not good. Slightly disappointing if you ask me.

I wouldn't care if we had the same sponsors as Kidderminster Harriers, as long as they're paying what we're asking.

And let's be fair to Fulham; when was the last time we got to a European final? I do agree that they're a "smaller" team in terms of domestic performances/financial clout but the insinuation that we should be looking down our noses at them is a bit arrogant.

Very true, I hadn't really considered the fact that the financial implications of both deals may well be different. I did not intend to come across as arrogant by any means, I have the utmost respect for Fulham and what they achieved last year. I just felt that with it being the biggest sponsorship deal in our history that it would be solely with us in the Premier League. Just not to be I guess. But as you say, as long as they pay us the money, it really doesn't matter a jot.

I was just suprised to see that 2 Premiership teams will have the same sponsor on their shirts. Cant recall that happening before. Normally a company picks a team and that's it.

Indeed, I can't recall this happening before either, although i'm sure it might have, and no doubt there is a VT'er out there with the answer!

I stand corrected then. It doesnt sit as comfortably with me though knowing we are not FXPro's only Premiership team. Money is money but I like the idea of a company choosing 1 team and fully supporting it during the deal.

Very true, I hadn't really considered the fact that the financial implications of both deals may well be different. I did not intend to come across as arrogant by any means, I have the utmost respect for Fulham and what they achieved last year. I just felt that with it being the biggest sponsorship deal in our history that it would be solely with us in the Premier League. Just not to be I guess. But as you say, as long as they pay us the money, it really doesn't matter a jot.

Fair do's dude. If I'm honest I know I'd prefer a unique sponor as well, but it's all about the moolah. That is, unless Vagisil, Durex or KY were gonna sponsor us. No amount of money is worth that.

I think Villa have to be praised for stricking our deal first, clearly Fxpro clearly have alot of money to spend on sponsorship over the next couple of yrs and Villa got there slice of the cake. Both deals are the best in the clubs historys.So whats the problem. Imagine the reaction on here if we missed out on these guys and Fulham and say Blues or Spam got the deal done some would be very annoyed. Good bussiness I say.

i heard that our new kit is ment to look something like the Hummel kit we had in 2007,with the panels down the side in a checkered claret and blue.the guy i was talking to said its real nice.

I've got that top on right now strangely enough. It was/is nice apart from the fact that we had Hummel and Cdws....

carslberg sponsored a couple of teams a while back as well (liverpool obviously being one of them)

I also remember McEwans spoonsoring a load of teams back in the 90s

Â