New Kit & Sponsor

deeps

Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Our home kit (yet to be released) will not be used next season. Will you still buy it?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wouldn't have bought it regardless
    • Only in the summer when reduced

Can you tell me what looks fake about it?

That's an honest question. I'll admit I have a very untrained eye so I may not be able to spot what makes it so obviously fake.

I remember palletgate. Everyone thought that shirt looked fake. it wasn't.

It all just seems a bit strange. The logo looks very flat and I'm not sure on the colours matching with the shirt. I'd also assume that they wouldn't have the little slogan underneath (they just have 'FxPro' on the F1 cars they sponsor, for example). It's also a bit odd that it's on last year's away kit. Yes it'll probably be next year's third but it still doesn't seem quite right.

But as I said, I'm no expert either and I could be totally wrong! I'll just be happy if we have a sponsor and a bit more money going into the club. I'm just feeling that it's going to be Acorns again this year (not that I'd be disappointed with that, either).

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you tell me what looks fake about it?

That's an honest question. I'll admit I have a very untrained eye so I may not be able to spot what makes it so obviously fake.

I remember palletgate. Everyone thought that shirt looked fake. it wasn't.

It's the material, and the way the fabric bunches up around the crest and Nike logo. It looks cheap and horrible.

If we have done a deal with this company and they are to be the new sponsors, I would suspect that the shirt we have seen is a mock up, rushed through to show what 'it could look like'.

Remember, up until 2 weeks ago we were still no nearer finding a sponsor so I would hazard a guess that this is a rush job to present in meetings between Villa and a potential new investor.

A couple of thoughts on alleged sponsor. Isn't foreign exchange predition just another form of highly speculative gambling at which a lot of amateurs loose their money? Randy thought a gambling sponsor (32 red)was unsuitable when he took over at AVFC and I doubt his opinion has changed.

Also do premiership rules allow for a sponsors logo and their company slogan to go on the shirt? I thought it was LOGO only.

Trade Forex like a pro...

My first impression is that it's a fake, or at least not the final draft. But, I don't like it. It's a bit of an imposition to put a catchphrase under the actual sponsor. I haven't seen it done before I don't think. Should be OK just to have the brand name really. Tacky otherwise.

If I were to guess I'd say that Villa rep brought a new shirt template to the meet. Forex brought a trademark. They put them together and a photo was taken. Then Villa will say no to the tagline, Forex will go away again and produce a new logo. And then we'll see the real thing

Isn't it the case that, as long as it meets Premier League rules, it's the sponsor who decides what goes on the shirt if they've paid for it?

So if we've made a deal with FxPro, they can put that slogan there if they want it there.

Again that's not rhetorical, I geuninely don't know.

As for it being fake, I can believe that it's not the final shirt or it's just something that's been knocked up to see what it looks like.

It was the posts that siad "obvious photoshop" that annoyed me. Again I have an untrained eye but to me it looks very much not to be a photoshop. The material crumples slightly around the sponsor. The sponsor isn't flat, it moves with the material. It's not just some stock photo that someone's altered.

Anyway, I think I'd go along with the theory that it's a real shirt, but might not be the final shirt.

Well fair play to your "man". If (s)he can make a "take" shirt that looks that good then good work.

I have zoomed in and to me (again an untrained eye) it does react to the crumples on the shirt.

This just all seems to me, again, like palletgate.

"hmmm, this shirt isn't quite what we're expecting. it can only mean one thing...

FAAAAAAAAAAAKE"

Isn't it the case that, as long as it meets Premier League rules, it's the sponsor who decides what goes on the shirt if they've paid for it?

So if we've made a deal with FxPro, they can put that slogan there if they want it there.

As for it being fake, I can believe that it's not the final shirt or it's just something that's been knocked up to see what it looks like.

It was the posts that siad "obvious photoshop" that annoyed me. Again I have an untrained eye but to me it looks very much not to be a photoshop. The material crumples slightly around the sponsor. The sponsor isn't flat, it moves with the material. It's not just some stock photo that someone's altered.

Anyway, I think I'd go along with the theory that it's a real shirt, but might not be the final shirt.

I don't know either :? but I don't think I've seen a logo and slogan before, although I'm sure other sponsors have short punchy slogans that they would love to display.

I seem to remember some discussion about having the words "childrens hospice" under the ACORNS logo. Whether the use of ACORNS alone was because of Premiership rules or sensitivity I really don't know.

If that's is a photoshop it's a damn good one because I can see nothing in the picture to indicate that it is. The photo itself was taken on a BlackBerry Curve 8520 with a 2 megapixel camera. It hasn't been resaved in any image editing software from what I can tell but that isn't to say that they haven't masked the meta data encoded in the image. Also there is no guarantee that the shirt itself hasn't been faked, i.e: somebody may have removed the Acorns and screen printed on the Forex. However I couldn't imagine anyone going to that much trouble. I am about 90% sure this is real. Whether it's the finished product or just a sample produced as part of the sponsor negotiation process remains to be seen. Also it must be said I like the cuffs on the shirt Dan is wearing.

What I spotted was that on the top horizontal line of the "F", there seems to be a bit of dark shading in the middle which joins up with a crease in the shirt (if you look directly above the "F").

It's pretty small (and proves I'm a geek) but I could see this being a mock up of the shirt done by the club.

I seem to remember the guy used to post loads of shit stories that were unfounded and funnily enough ended up on the shit heap. He had photographs a few years back of a new top which was a load of old cobblers as well.

It was always with potential football kits and transfers if I remember correctly.

Â