PL: Chelsea a Match Thread 2010/03/27 15:00

limpid

That was thick from Collins, you could clearly see the player was going to nick it. No complaints about the pentaly being awared. I do have a few complaints about their dirty challenges escaping the ref's attention though.

there was no contact so how was it a penalty?

There was contact. Minimal, but enough.

He wasn't going towards goal though. He was quite clearly heading away from goal. That, for me, makes it not quite stone-wall. But Collins was stupid to give the ref a decision to make.

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was thick from Collins, you could clearly see the player was going to nick it. No complaints about the pentaly being awared. I do have a few complaints about their dirty challenges escaping the ref's attention though.

there was no contact so how was it a penalty?

looked like he clipped him to me. Could ne wrong though, would need to see it again.

Either way, it was a bit silly of Collins to put his foot in there when it was so obvious the Chelsea man would get his toe on it.

The stream I've got made it hard to tell, I can't blame the ref for giving it either way but if theres contact, to my mind, it's absolutely minimal and nowhere near enough for Zhirkov to audition for the next Superman movie.

As it is, we've not been bad at all but could be better. Friedels not had a lot to do, defence has been decent, midfield in the centre is doing much imo as both teams focus on the wings, Young has been good once again. Gabby's been quiet, I don't like him out wide to be honest, and Carews become our RVN seemingly.

The hopeful punts down the pitch aren't going to do anything, but when we can be arsed to pass we've looked good. Sidwell's ball for the goal was abolutely sublime.

we've played well this half and are a bit unlucky to be behind.

no drama, no 'we are shit', no terrible performances.

we'll probably lose another 3 points to spurs today, but they are home to the bottom side, we're away to potential champions with a magnificent home record, so let's no overreact should that happen.

Zirkov milked it, diving clearing in the woods

It is to be expected. It was a stupid, ill-thought challange.

Clumsy Collins at it again.

Collins didn't make a challenge. He went over to make one, realised he'd got too close to the player and tried everything he could to get out of the way. Once Zhirkov spots him getting too close he knows he can nick it past him, make contact as he goes by and fall over for a penalty. Collins error was in getting near enough to allow him to do it, ultimately it's a dive, but one that will be given nine times out of ten.

It was a pen lads, forget about it.

Need to get Ashley on the ball in the 2nd half. Milner needs to be pushing up in behing JC too, with Stan and Sid in behind he can afford to play a bit more adventurously. Malouda would have had Cuellar on his arse several times already.

Still think we can get something here, C'MON!!!!