Badge Kissing

maqroll

Badge Kissing: Harmless Show of Affection or Obvious Pandering to Fans?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Badge Kissing: Harmless Show of Affection or Obvious Pandering to Fans?

• Harmless Show of Affection
    • Obvious Pandering to Fans

Depends.

If I was to become a footballer through the ranks at Villa and I scored an equaliser in injury time against Brum, then there is a fair chance I would be doing more to the villa badge than just kissing it.

In which case i think it is fine.

But if it is not your boyhood team or a team you have been at for say 10 years then I think it's a bit pathetic.

Depends.

If I was to become a footballer through the ranks at Villa and I scored an equaliser in injury time against Brum, then there is a fair chance I would be doing more to the villa badge than just kissing it.

But if it is not your boyhood team or a team you have been at for say 10 years then I think it's a bit pathetic.

Pretty much it.

Depends.

What like Rooney when he kissed the Everton badge or Barry kissing our's? Its meaningless just like their contracts.

Depends.

What like Rooney when he kissed the Everton badge or Barry kissing our's? Its meaningless just like their contracts.

Probably is to Barry as he didnt grow up in Birmingham nor is he a Villa fan.

As the guy you quoted said, its nice to see a player if hes a local lad and supports the club doing it, as you know he means it. Agbonlahor is probably the only player we have that springs to mind that would qualify.

But all too often these days, you get players doing it just to get the fans on side and it means nothing and all the club does is pay their wages. Adam Johnson did it today when he scored for Man City, hes a Sunderland fan, thats when its meaningless.

It didn't bother me. That goal actually did us a favour, because Everton and Blues drawing on the weekend was the best result for Villa.

I was abit surprised to see that Gardner had scored though. Lifelong blues fan, yeah right. Some people switch teams like their shampoo these days.

He's no different to all the other plastic fans out there, except he just happens to be playing football for them.

Football is an emotional game, you can do stupid and regrettable things once you scored.

Don't see it as that much of a big deal.

In some respects yes but what Adebayor did, for example, must have been thought out and not done in the heat of the moment like he said it was. He had plenty of time to realise what he was doing when he ran up the pitch.

Â