Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

I've completely stopped doing all the main story missions atm, been distracted by all the stranger missions.

Has anyone downloaded the DLC on the Xbox yet? 6 Co-op missions to sink your teeth into, great fun! They are quite hard too, much, much better than the gang hideouts.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Q: Hurr durr can't get into freeroam.

A: Start a singleplayer game. From there, press start and begin a Private Free Roam from the multiplayer tab. Once the private free roam starts, press start again and choose Public Free Roam. This works around the infinite loading screen.

Q: WTF IS GOING ON IN PUBLIC FREEROAM?

A: The recent patch and addition of co-op content has broken the public freeroam, causing all NPCs, other players, and wildlife to not appear. This means no mount. Other players can still be in your session, but they just appear invisible.

Q: OMG HOW I DO DIS GLITCH?

A: Find the nearest fast travel point. No mount means you're walking. Then set a waypoint on the hideout of your choice (hint: Ft. Mercer is the best, and almost always taken already). When you arrive, you'll be prompted to clear out a nonexistent gang. Wait a few seconds, and you'll receive credit for clearing the gang and the associated XP (usually around 400).

Q: How do I maximize XP?

A: Get access to Fort Mercer and turn expert aim on. Expert aim increases your bonus significanty. Fort Mercer also has the shortest "lag" between starting the mission and receiving credit (about 1.2 seconds). If Fort Mercer is occupied, Twin Rocks is a viable alternative, granting 400 XP in 3 seconds.

This works fastest when only one person is attempting the hideout, because all players must agree to "replay" a mission in order for it to start again.

Q: How can I be a jerk?

A: Whether to exploit or stop other players, the easiest way to get people off a gang hideout is to just get there, and refuse to replay the mission. Most players will get audibly upset, calling you various rude names, voting to kick you, etc. These attempts are almost always futile, and they soon leave the session. You are now free to either exploit, or keep others from doing it.

I've done all the challenges and all the stranger missions now, so can concentrate on the last few West Elizabeth missions. I'll be sad to finish it actually, I have to say it's far and away the best game I've ever played.

I thought Rainer meant 14 or 16 hours "in a row" ?

A question! Does wearing the bandana stop your honour and fame going up as well as going down? If so, then I've done about 3 or 4 missions with it on and wasted a chance to get more honour :(

Yeah i meant in a row, 24 hours being one day. I doubt he played it 24 hours straight through..

Bloody hell no, I've had it for a week and a bit now.

So about 3 hours a day.

:oops:

You've overtaken me Milfner!

I got it the Saturday before you and I've only played it for about 10 hours. The World Cup keeps getting in my way, I'm going to get a few hours in tonight either side of the Holland game though!

Yeah i meant in a row, 24 hours being one day. I doubt he played it 24 hours straight through..

Bloody hell no, I've had it for a week and a bit now.

So about 3 hours a day.

:oops:

Haha, sorry my mistake.

Hunting challenge? Done.

Treasure hunting? Done.

Survivalist? Done.

Just working on my sharpshooting now, 2 hats and 2 disarms... got the 2 hats, the disarms I seem more able to do by mistake.

Â