Red Dead Redemption

PompeyVillan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just bought the buffalo rifle, shoot my first couple of bears, and done the train bird shooting sharpshooter challenge.

The killing cougars with a knife challenge was beyond a pain in the arse, took me about an hour of singlemindedly trying to do it. Much of that involved trying to get cougars to attack me.

Once I'd found where the cougars were, I found it quite easy.

Softened up with the basic handgun as per Nayson's suggestion, then used a medikit if I got charged by the cougar. Few swipes of the knife = a dead kitty cat.

Thats more or less what I did. Wandered round south of Blackwater on my horse waiting to come across a cougar, hit dead-eye, pop 2 in it's back with the pistol, and then it's a case of catching the damn thing as it runs away. That was the awkward part! As was the wandering round trying to find one.

Just unlocked Me-hi-co.

Mission when you are crossing the river doesn't half drag on.

That was quick!

I haven't got to Mexico yet. I've been doing random stranger missions and the challenges to raise my Survivalist and Sharpshooter levels.

Oh, I know! Played like 14 hours or something already!

The Funny Man stranger mission is really pissing me off, I think it's just an excuse to make you do all the gang hideouts.

I got killed by a cougar last night, picking flowers for that wierd bloke with the dead wife, then bam, little bastard was tossing me around and then decided to kill me :(

Just bought the buffalo rifle, shoot my first couple of bears, and done the train bird shooting sharpshooter challenge.

The killing cougars with a knife challenge was beyond a pain in the arse, took me about an hour of singlemindedly trying to do it. Much of that involved trying to get cougars to attack me.

Once I'd found where the cougars were, I found it quite easy.

Softened up with the basic handgun as per Nayson's suggestion, then used a medikit if I got charged by the cougar. Few swipes of the knife = a dead kitty cat.

Thats more or less what I did. Wandered round south of Blackwater on my horse waiting to come across a cougar, hit dead-eye, pop 2 in it's back with the pistol, and then it's a case of catching the damn thing as it runs away. That was the awkward part! As was the wandering round trying to find one.

There are loads in the hills just north of Macfarlane's ranch. You can't move round there without a cougar launching into you.

IMO, i think this game is Rockstar's most complete game, while most the time they've had great game play, i always found other elements were missing. i actually feel like the story pulls you in, never felt that with a GTA.

songs like this during the game help.

just go and attack one of the gang hideouts, that way you have lots of bad guys to try it out with, it seemed that even actually shooting them in the hand and making them drop the guns counts as a disarm, originally i thought you had to only shoot the actual gun itself and not harm the guy you are disarming...

That's not true, as I found out the first time I did it. You have to hit the gun, definitely.

hhm, thats strange, it was one of the highest level sharpshooter challenges and i completed it and some of the disarms were done where the bullet actually hit the hand and i saw blood......who knows...

i have to say, the single player was one of the greatest most immersive games ive ever played. My game time spent just in single player when i read it about an hour fooling around after the end of the story, said 3 days 14 hours! Thats 86 hours!!

Multiplayer hasnt sucked me in as much and i dont tend to play much red dead now the great story is done with which was probably (along with the enviroment) its best part.

They are releasing some dlc soon for multiplayer which im sure will entice me back. And if we are lucky then they will give us something similar to the DLC's for GTA.

Tall Trees is the best place on the map, absolutely superb.

Teeming with wildlife.

I was hunting Beaver (ha) earlier for that bloke that is trying to fly and I jumped out of my skin a few times after being mauled by a Cougar or a Bear. Great fun though.

Oh, hate to be Captain Obvious, but if you get attacked by something and you are about to die, quickly take some medicene, makes you pretty much invincible.

I'm on the challenge now where you have to kill a bear with the knife. Bears piss me off no end. I got killed last night by one after it survived TWO blasts from the buffalo rifle, but then when I tried to soften one up with a shot gun for the knife challenge, I one shotted it.

Finished all the challenges, and so got the Legend of the West outfit. The last three animals in the master hunter challenge were disappointingly easy. The wolf went down in two shots.

Just a quick question on getting outfits.

When one of the bullet points say you need to "explore" somewhere i.e Pikes's Basin, do you just need to go to that part of the map or is there something you need to do in particular when you are there?

Just a quick question on getting outfits.

When one of the bullet points say you need to "explore" somewhere i.e Pikes's Basin, do you just need to go to that part of the map or is there something you need to do in particular when you are there?

It means that there is a chest there you need to open. Simply trotting about won't cut it. Find that chest!

Just did the fox raccoon skunk challenge.

Trying to find a raccoon or skunk when you really want to is a bit of a pig, even if you know the areas they spawn they just don't seem to be about. I pretty much stumbled on them.

Elk and big horn next, at least that one should be piss.

Skunks and raccoons where both night spawns IIRC, certainly haven't seen many of either during the day.

I'm expecting the elk and big horn to be piss easy as it's a simple task to find them and I'm a pretty good shot so I'm not too afraid of the bears. Buffalo rifle between the eyes seems to put them down ;).

Think I'll move onto treasure hunting after the hunt challenges, put the story missions on hold again.

Â