• Warnock
    • Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Milner
    • Petrov
    • Carew
    • Heskey

Its remarkable though isn't it, a horrid way for a team to play but what a throw he has got. I've seen players with long throws before, Vinnie Jones probably had one of the best, but Delap's is something else altogther.
gary neville's long throw was one of the reasons he got into the manure team ahead of his brother whom the coaching staff considered a better footballer.

It certainly is a useful option, it wastes a hell of a lot of time though, the referees need to wise up to this, if they took that long at a free-kick or another set play the ref would have been tighter.

We defended it well yesterday, as I expected we would. :thumb:

One thing that I've noticed of late, particularly sine downing has come into the team, is that our wingers don't seem to track the opposition fullbacks anymore. I'm not sure as this is a deliberate ploy by oneill but there were many occasions yesterday where Petrov had to cover in these situations. Downing and young to a lesser extent need to pull their socks up.

I must credit Young, he worked really hard to cover Warnock in the second half at Reading.

I can't say I have noticed them not tracking back, one to keep my eye out for, although if we were playing Luke Young at Right Back then we may not need the Right Winger to track back as much, as Luke is a lot more mobile and can get up and down that line better than Cuellar.

I'm really not sure that Delfouneso is ready for the first team.

I'm increasingly sure that the first team is ready for Delfouneso.

Wise and accurate summary for me that OBE.

Exactly. Some people say "Oh but it's a risk, he's young"...

it isn't a risk, it's a risk if Carew, Heskey are playing well, scoring goals, team is doing well. It's a risk then but when both strikers look out of sorts then he quite literally can't get be any worse at the moment. At least, if he is poor, he'd still run around.

Its remarkable though isn't it, a horrid way for a team to play but what a throw he has got. I've seen players with long throws before, Vinnie Jones probably had one of the best, but Delap's is something else altogther.
gary neville's long throw was one of the reasons he got into the manure team ahead of his brother whom the coaching staff considered a better footballer.

Well that got that one wrong then. :D

I agree that delfouneso should be given a chance, but i think we're already expecting far too much of him.

People are talking as if he's going to come into the team and completely transform it.

I'm really not sure that Delfouneso is ready for the first team.

I'm increasingly sure that the first team is ready for Delfouneso.

Wise and accurate summary for me that OBE.

Exactly. Some people say "Oh but it's a risk, he's young"...

it isn't a risk, it's a risk if Carew, Heskey are playing well, scoring goals, team is doing well. It's a risk then but when both strikers look out of sorts then he quite literally can't get be any worse at the moment. At least, if he is poor, he'd still run around.

It seems people have forgotten already what happened in the past when young players were given too much too soon... they got frustrated when they found themselves out the team ie Cahill, Davis et al.

Disappointing game, never looked like scoring, which was obvious with the starting two up front - must must must put that right.

However, I don't think we will know until this run of 5 games is over whether that is a point gained or 2 points dropped.

Last season they took 4 pts off us, this season we've taken 4pts off them.

Point gained

That is one way of looking at it although we've lost them elsewhere so....

That's true but i don't subscribe to the view of some of the doom and gloom. Daz Hayle on Radio WM we're saying "Is that our champions league dream over?" I'm sorry, but we've got games in hand on those above us and there's a long way to go yet. I'm not saying we're gonna finish top 4 but you can't write us off yet.

I'm sorry, but we've got games in hand on those above us and there's a long way to go yet. I'm not saying we're gonna finish top 4 but you can't write us off yet.

Yeah but IF we win those two games we will be level on points with spurs, probly still behind them on goal difference. We really needed to win that game yesterday

I'm sorry, but we've got games in hand on those above us and there's a long way to go yet. I'm not saying we're gonna finish top 4 but you can't write us off yet.

Yeah but IF we win those two games we will be level on points with spurs, probly still behind them on goal difference. We really needed to win that game yesterday

BUT, and I'm not just referring to your post, Spurs or City or Liverpool are not going to win every game they have left. Spurs and City especially have some very difficult games left.

terrible performance going forward, we dominated for 20 mins at the end of the first half and that was it, still didnt create any chances.

not going to finish 4th with performances like that, turning up for 20 mins each game isnt going to get us to the top

collins was motm for me, he defended like a trojan, good performances from the other defenders as well imo

milner is worrying me to be honest - he was abysmal yesterday and he has had as many poor performances as good performances in centre-midfield for me

if we beat wigan i can get over the result easily enough, but performances are just not good enough

Spurs or City or Liverpool are not going to win every game they have left. Spurs and City especially have some very difficult games left.

yes, spurs and city still have to play each other.

liverpool has manure and chelsea left, but i reckon they are more likely to drop points against teams like fulham and sha.

city have arsenal, manure and us in a row.

spurs have arsenal, chelsea and spurs in a row.

i would say it is probably still in our hands, but winning on tuesday is now even more essential.