The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Unfortunately the iPhone 4 was already obsolete before it was released. The Samsung Galaxy S has a better screen (super-AMOLED), same CPU, faster memory and massively better graphics performance. It also has a much better OS in Android 2.1 / 2.2 and no walled-garden vendor lock-in of Apple. http://lifehacker.com/5575317/smartphone-comparison-chart-dishes-the-dirt-on-smartphone-specs

Seems like a massive fall from grace for the iPhone.

Ah man I'm gutted. You're right. My phone is useless now.

It will need to be bigger than that Rev.

And you can bet the next Android handset will have a telescopic one as they seem fixated on beating the iphone..............................

So go to the Android thread ;) And talk about how good your phone is there.

Actually I may have misread the irony :S It's just the android fanboys have really bored me on this thread

Fanboys in general piss me off. What's the point?

Android phones are better? great, i'm still getting an iPhone.

Xbox is better than PS3? Well done, I've got a PS3 and I'm happy with it.

Macs are better than PCs? No-one gives a shit.

I think we should just lock fanboys in a room and then pelt them with whatever it is they're a fan of. They'll soon get sick of it then.

I think we should just lock fanboys in a room and then pelt them with whatever it is they're a fan of. They'll soon get sick of it then.

:nod:

Im a fanboy of Emma Bunton....... :D

Erm I do actually own an Iphone4 so why cant I post in here....

You should take a visit to the Andriod thread where I got slated for pointing out that the App Store was the main reason Android handsets wouldnt overtake Apple anytime soon.

And yet they call us fanboys

I would say a PS3 is the better console, owning both.

Never owned a mac, never understood what they do so much better than a PC either.

You should take a visit to the Andriod thread where I got slated for pointing out that the App Store was the main reason Android handsets wouldnt overtake Apple anytime soon.

And yet they call us fanboys

You were asked to explain why the iphone store was "substantially" better than the android store. You said it was nothing to do with the number of apps, it was just better and then failed to give any single reason. No-one was being a fan boy, we went to great lengths to explain that we were genuinely curious. No-one was saying the android store was better or worse. Except you.

Blind devotion is the defining characteristic of a fan boy.

Sorry Limpid but I did explain, it seems nobody wanted to listen. It's not as though my opinion was somehow strange, please find me an unbiased review on the Internet that will tell you anything different to what I said.

And I totally agree with the last sentence spot on mate, as long as you appreciate that there are Android fanboys too.

Sorry Limpid but I did explain, it seems nobody wanted to listen. It's not as though my opinion was somehow strange, please find me an unbiased review on the Internet that will tell you anything different to what I said.

And I totally agree with the last sentence spot on mate, as long as you appreciate that there are Android fanboys too.

I don't think you did. And I don't think anyone reading it thought you did either. It just came down to "Well I just think it's better." even though it seems to be universally accepted that the ability to get a refund on the Android Marketplace is the one major difference and a great feature for consumers. And I find it pretty unacceptable that the Apple app store makes no provision for refunds. What happens if you pay for something that turns out to be crap? Tough luck?

I accept I may have posted slightly for effect although I didn't say anything that wasn't true so I apologise for that. The iPhone 4, aside from its well-documented issues is a great package but it's getting behind the times a bit software-wise and the hardware is let down by the OS.

I admit I have a big beef with Apple due to them excluding me from using their products. Even though it wouldn't be a massive task to make a Linux version of iTunes (due to Mac OS being Unix) they won't do it. They won't even help the wine community to get it running on wine which shouldn't be difficult at all. Instead they write a completely different version for Windows so they can rope in Windows users but don't even make any mention of Linux anywhere because they consider that a threat to Mac as the position of default alternative to Windows.

This wouldn't be a problem if you didn't have to use iTunes to use an iPod / Phone but you do - for no reason other than vendor lock-in they force you to use iTunes to activate the devices. I don't use Windows and I won't pay ridiculous prices for a Mac so how can I use their products?

So I have to admit I can't wait to see Apple fail. They're a nasty, selfish company who need bringing down a peg or two. But as a package, the iPhone 4 is quite nice, just not for me and slightly behind the times.

I've just re-read it and you didn't explain. You were being asked for your opinion as it was you who made the claim. You can find an internet opinion for any position. I am assuming that you meant what you posted and that you weren't trolling, but that is what it looked like.

Absolutely there are. It is less of a phenomenon than with Apple, but they definitely exist.

No, you really didn't.

You stated the App store was "streets ahead" in terms of presentation and integration. I repeatedly asked for examples of this, and all you did was just re-iterated the point that the App store was oh so much better without adding any actual substance, before falling back to the "well it has more apps" defence after stating the number and quality of the apps weren't the defining factor.

As stated 100 times in that thread, everyone knows the app store has more and better apps (well, games) that was never in debate, and that is what every review on the net is concerned with. What was in debate was the overall experience of the market, which you stated the app store was streets ahead of.

Does anyone else's I-phone take about 20 mins to sync nowadays ?

I'm sure it never used to take this long but since i-tunes 9.1 or so it seems to insist on backing up the entire phone every time i sync ... can hear my hard drive whirling away like crazy so it's possible it's the pc rather than i-tunes /i-phone

Since the update to the iphone 4 software my phone's been pretty slow all round.

Less than a month until i can upgrade though! Hoorah.

My already slow 3G slowed to a crawl after I did the upgrade to OS4, luckily I only needed to keep it a week.

Â