The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

You'd think for the price you paid, the software would have told you that.

It did.

Oh and the android thread is a couple down from here boys, they'll probably enjoy the "iphone is shit" banter a lot more.

You'd think for the price you paid, the software would have told you that.

It did.

and I quote:

The iphone could not be restored. An unknown error occured (14)

I can't see anywhere that is says your iTunes needs updating.

Oh and the android thread is a couple down from here boys, they'll probably enjoy the "iphone is shit" banter a lot more.

Where did I say the iPhone was shit? My comment was aimed at any overpriced consumer item. Please don't put words into my mouth.

Will an Iphone 4 work anywhere?

The big Android handset they are all creaming over is the Samsung Galaxy S. Just do a quick google and can anyone tell me what this fab new Galaxy reminds you of.

It does look a bit iphone ish. It also looks quite blackberry storm ish.

But a lot of the smartphones have the same look (i.e flat with a large screen,not much else you can do with it), so not sure it's a big deal to be honest

Will an Iphone 4 work anywhere?

The big Android handset they are all creaming over is the Samsung Galaxy S. Just do a quick google and can anyone tell me what this fab new Galaxy reminds you of.

I've got one. The only bad thing about it is it looks like an iPhone 3GS. Once you turn the screen on it's pretty obvious though.

The current favourite amongst Android enthusiasts is the Samsung Galaxy S. A fine handset which I havent had the pleasure of using but must admit I am struck by the similarity to a certain Iphone which you would have thought would have been a massive no-no.

Hows that read now?

I can list half a dozen other phones that it also looks like. Apple don't have a patent on rectangular phone with a button under the screen, I can even list phones that were out before the iphone with the same look.

I can list half a dozen other phones that it also looks like. Apple don't have a patent on rectangular phone with a button under the screen, I can even list phones that were out before the iphone with the same look.

Whilst I agree it's not a big deal at all, I don't think mykeyb's point was "how dare they make it look like an iphone".

I think he meant that android phones seem to try and be different from the iphone, as well they should. Similarly, Android users a lot of the time don't like the iphone or rather prefer the android handsets. So it would seem strange that they would make a phone that looked similar to the iphone rather than try and make itlook different.

I think that was his point.

As I said, though, I don't think there's a huge amount you can do with a large screen and a black handset. There's always going to be similarities.

Free Case thingy has now gone live.

You have to do it by downloading an App though.

"iphone 4 case program"

Not a bad choice in all honesty.

Ordered mine. A couple of them are really nice. One of the griffin cases only adds 1.6mm to the thickness of the phone. That's slim!

I was going to get a case anyway, and haven't really noticed any connection issues so it's worked well for me!

What baffles Android users is that the Android phones are superior and cheaper, yet people stick to the over priced iPhone because it's an Apple product. You've got to admire Job's for this, they have made it a fason accessory aswell as a piece of technology.

Saying that a friend of mine bought a Galaxy S instead of an iPhone 4 yesterday. He likes the styling of the iPhone so Samsungs idea to make the Galaxy S look like an iPhone was a good idea. It's also got a stonkingly good screen, best out there.

What baffles Android users is that the Android phones are superior and cheaper, yet people stick to the over priced iPhone because it's an Apple product. You've got to admire Job's for this, they have made it a fason accessory aswell as a piece of technology.

What baffles iphone users is why android users give a shit so much?

I bought a sony bravia TV because I liked it more than the Sharp equivalent, even though I was told the sharp was a better TV.

I liked the Sony better. But no-one said "OMGZ the sharp is so much better why didn't you buy that one?"

Yet when it comes to phones people seem to give a shit!

I bought my iphone 4 bec ause I bought an iphone 3G after 2 years with an N95. I hated the N95. in fact after 12 or 18 months with ANY of my previous mobiles I've grown to hate them by the end of the contract.

The iphone was literally the first phone I've ever had where I've reached the end of the contract and would have been more than happy to keep the phone for longer. It's the best phone I've ever owned. So with a chance to upgrade to a newer version I took it.

I like the iphone, I've used one for 18 months, I wanted the new one, I got it. Apparently Android phones are good. i've never used one, i've never even seen someone with one so I have no idea first hand. So I stuck with what I know.

Why do android users care so much?!

I've looked in that thread briefly and most of that seems to be "My android is soooo much better than an iphone" so I don't think they'd even have anything to talk about in there ;)

Â