The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

I've been using OS4 for a couple of days now and think it is great, however the only gripe I have with it is that on all previous versions double tapping the menu button would bring up an iPod controller regardless of what you are doing. This is no longer the case due to the new multi tasking feature.

Does anybody know if there is any way around this?

O2 completely screwed up. I was sent an email yesterday with all the iphone costs and tariffs on. They had the handset costing quite a bit more on a 24 month contract than an 18 month contract.

£177 for me to upgrade tom 16gb Iphone on a 12 month upgrade.

Cannot understand people moaning about having to buy out their contract and then the cost of the new handsets in all honesty. O2 are letting people buy them out at £20 a month which lets face it they dont have to do they. Yes the Iphone is expensive but look at the resale value at then end of your contract. No other phones comes close to holding their value.

I think you will find that this is why people aren't happy:

A few rules before you can take advantage of the offer. You have to:

1) Have paid your Early Upgrade Offer charge

2) Sign up for a new 18 or 24 month minimum term Pay Monthly or 24 month Business airtime contract with O2 with an iPhone at the normal price for that phone and on our iPhone tariffs

3) Agree that you won't have a change of mind period and won't be able to go back to your old tariff.

So basically on O2 it is a choice between an 18-24 month pay monthly contract or a 24 month business contract. I'm not sure if I am reading something wrong there or if I'm not getting the true meaning. However, this just seems to be extremely harsh on existing customers. Forcing people to go onto a business contract if they want to upgrade, or go pay monthly.

Have I got this right? If not then apologies, however it seems to say that to me...

Well from the list above.

Last year as the only supplier O2 got slammed for not letting people out of their contracts because Apple had brought out a new handset. Not sure if Nokia, Sony, HTC and Samsung also have the same strange ideals. Now O2 have offered people a chance to buy out the remainder of the contracts and for some people that is not right either (not saying that this applies to you Briggaman)

Point 2 I assume is becasue O2 are not offering as PAYG Handset at launch. Obviously O2 will have a limited supply of Iphones on Thursday and since there are now other operators carrying it they are looking to maximise their returns. Fair it may be not but from a business point of view it makes sense.

The change of mind seems pretty harsh - Yes you should be able to change your mind and hand the Iphone back in the usual cooling off period.

After speaking to O2 we can upgrade on Thursday for £100 per handset on £30 month or 1 Handset free and the other for £177 on a sharer tariff but that costs more a month.

Mine won't even download. It keeps starting to do it and then five minutes later I get error 21 and my iPhone needs to be restored. Have tried twice now and am getting rather annoyed. I don't like constantly restoring my iPhone as it is....

Do you have a pin lock on? That has caused problems in the past.

I did have yes. However after the first restore it has taken it back off. I tried to install the OS again, yet it failed once more. :(

O2 have said that only O2 customer will be allowed to upgrade to the new Iphone and only instore. Since we have two iphones on a business tariff I asked my other half to phone O2 to see if I could go into store and do the ugrade as she is working and the contract is in her name, although the bill for my phone has my name on it. No only she can do it but i can phone from my Iphone 8.00am on Thursday and do it that way. Which is not what O2 have said in their press release - unless different rules apply for business accounts.

Is anyone else hoping to get the iphone on Thursday.

Someone on another forum has phoned round all his local O2 stores and it appears that smaller stores will have about 50 handsets while bigger stores will have 90 plus. Now 90 Handsets at the )2 store at Merry Hill doesnt sound like it will last too long to me, certainly not enough for more than a day tops.

Â