The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Just dropped mine in the toilet! Dried it off well and shook most of the water out and it was working fine but then about an hour later it starts buzzing/vibrating so i have turned it off and am drying further.

Im gonna leave it off until tomorrow now but does anyone have any experience/advice about dealing with a drenched iPhone!?

Just dropped mine in the toilet! Dried it off well and shook most of the water out and it was working fine but then about an hour later it starts buzzing/vibrating so i have turned it off and am drying further.

Im gonna leave it off until tomorrow now but does anyone have any experience/advice about dealing with a drenched iPhone!?

If you drop any phone down the loo, NEVER turn it back on (if its on, get it off!) as you'll short circuit the poor bugger. Let it dry out properly and don't be tempted to get it back on until you're sure its dry and it will probably be OK (assuming it hasn't already had a short circuit... they call him Johnny Five and he has a bit of an attitude).

Here's a question for you:

I have an iPhone 3G - my third iPhone from O2 (replaced due to faults) and I was discussing with my friend last night who also has the same phone, that I never ever ever have seen the 3G logo in the top left - she says she sees it all the time and thinks I have a problem.

What do you guys think? I go into the settings and 3G is enabled, I've never once across all 3 phones seen that 3G symbol. Always just the blue round dot, or the E.

I get the 3G logo pretty much constantly. And yeh it shows you're in an area with a 3G signal. E is for an Edge signal ( I think) and the dot is just standard mobile signal.

If you've never seen it Laura then something's afoot.

If you drop any phone down the loo, NEVER turn it back on (if its on, get it off!) as you'll short circuit the poor bugger. Let it dry out properly and don't be tempted to get it back on until you're sure its dry and it will probably be OK (assuming it hasn't already had a short circuit... they call him Johnny Five and he has a bit of an attitude).

Obvious thing to do really and yet i thought a few shakes and a towel would suffice!

Google gave me the same advice so i turned it off, used a hair dryer on a low setting to dry inside and then left it in some rice. Working as good as new still so dodged a bullet there i think!

I get the 3G logo pretty much constantly. And yeh it shows you're in an area with a 3G signal. E is for an Edge signal ( I think) and the dot is just standard mobile signal.

If you've never seen it Laura then something's afoot.

Same with me. I get constant drop out whilst travelling on trains though, switching between signals. Other than that 3G is up for me pretty much all the time.

Here's a question for you:

I have an iPhone 3G - my third iPhone from O2 (replaced due to faults) and I was discussing with my friend last night who also has the same phone, that I never ever ever have seen the 3G logo in the top left - she says she sees it all the time and thinks I have a problem.

What do you guys think? I go into the settings and 3G is enabled, I've never once across all 3 phones seen that 3G symbol. Always just the blue round dot, or the E.

Have you had the SIM replaced? The dot suggests a basic signal but no 3G signal. I live in Staffs, and have patchy 3G coverage but it's not a problem at home as I have wifi.

I have to say, some of my friends have the iphone too, and no-one has mentioned a similar problem, and if it's 3 replacement handsets maybe the sim needs replacing too?

PS: if you need the SIM replacing just call O2 they will send a new one out.

I get a 3G all the time .. my brother and mum can put their phones next to mine and all the ever get is a blue circle

i can view that CatchupTV web site ..they get some form of stack over flow error thingy

we all have 3GS phones and all have latest version of SW

and all have 3G turned on in the settings menu

my mate reckons there may be some form of bar on their accounts / phone from O2 .. is he right ?

Are we recommending apps on this thread? If so can I suggest

TuneWiki - it will scroll through song lyrics as the song is playing and also has lots of other features like links to 500 radio stations from around the world

NearestWiki - Uses the camera and gps facility to locate landmarks and points of interest.

:)

Â