General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

You may feel this is an over-reaction, all these fans whinging based on a couple of games, but we feel the club aren't really communicating and we can all see a very bad season coming up. Serious struggles and back to square 1.

MON is not bigger than the club but it seems silly that whatever made him decide to walk was not addressed at the start of the summer. Surely no 'new' issues arose five days before the start of the season to instigate such a drastic decision.

And then we find we have a Caretaker manager for longer than we were led to believe (new manager before Newcastle). A caretaker manager who shows very little desire or eagerness for the job - hardly instils passion into the team or fans.

We have one of the worst results in our history against Newcastle. (Bad games are one thing, but that was unacceptable)

We have another flash in the pan European adventure against a really poor European team and it is again unacceptable to let the same mistakes happen again.

All of what has happened has been unacceptable and someone needs to come out and say so, stop passing the buck and say it's unacceptable.

We all know that no new players are coming in, so come out and say it rather than mislead fans.

I think the strides have been good for Villa in the last few years, I don't particularly doubt intentions, I think occasionally backwards years will happen before another push but I do think clubs have a responsibility to come out and say that was unacceptable and tell us the truth.

Villa fans would be much more appreciative if Villa came out and said "we can't find a suitable managerial candidate at the moment, KM will stay in charge til January advised by x and there will be no more incomings or outgoings until that juncture" This would allow the club and fans to accept the predicament, settle down and pull together rather than try to guess what is happening.

Stop feeding fans little bits of positive spin and just tell the truth - we can accept it and move forward, we know we don't roll in money, but Villa fans are in the dark and getting exasperated at the lack of information.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

General,

apologies for the crap you will read here the next few days but Randy is the man who needs to sort this out. We are short a leftback, a midfielder and a striker. Anyone can see that, can Randy? Not his decision to rush and buy? Well, get a bloody manager in pronto who will!

You may question the support at VP but trust me, unless things change quick, itll be like a graveyard very soon!

Kevin Mc Donald needs an apology from the players AGAIN and a donation of around 50% of each players wage should do it. The poor guy hasnt a chance with those idiots on the pitch.

That is all.

General - You will know that in times of difficulty the troops need to see decisive leadership. As the clubs 'troops' we have been left wondering what has happened to our leaders. There seem to be none on the pitch and definitely no sign of a firm hand on the tiller in the Board Room.

If it is Randy's choice that Bob Bradley is the man he wants then he needs to stand up and say this. We may not agree with him but atleast it will be a postive decision a leadership decision.

At the moment we appear to have a man who so obviously doesn't really want to be in charge who I expect will be their until Tuesday so that the leaders of the club can point fingers else where for the troubles we are in.

Leadership is all we ask for.

General, Sir,

As a soldier myself, I am sure you can understand my comments and maybe even concur with them.

In my Regiment/Corps, my Commanding Officer is my ultimate boss, much the same as the Chairman is of my football club..

My Commanding Officer is a leader, who leads from the front, is the 'voice' of HIS Regiment, who NEVER shys away from the spotlight, whether he is right or wrong in his actions, will ensure the Officers below him have the correct and more than adequate resources and information required to carry out EVERY task. He is the beacon of the Regiment, who eveyone trusts to do the right thing and who everyone from the junior Private to the Senior Officer will jump to and listen to his every word.

However,

1. Soldiers will only follow him if the believe in his ability and trust him as a person.

2. He should NEVER lie to his soldiers, they will always find out and he will never regain their trust.

3. His plans will never survive the first contact, the CO will always have a plan B and be able to adapt FAST

4. Experience outweighs rank in the chances of being succesful, LISTEN to what those with more experience and KNOWLEDGE have to say.

As Aston Villa fans, we are Randy Lerners soldiers (not the players and the staff), we will follow him to the end of the earth, but ONLY if he can provide us with his voice, thoughts, resources, honesty and his trust...

Hi gen:

Sorry for all the sh*t ur getting (not ur fault) but on here ur the face of ASTON VILLA FC ... But that was a load of sh%t again - 30k fans in the pissing rain watching a below average team score 3 agaist us.... Beye at left bk com on wats all that about when warnock is sitting on is ass resting LMFAO after 3 games ??? KM is a nice guy yes a prem manager NO. Randy was their 2nite SURLY he can see KM is not the rite man..... The club are looking for the cheap man simple and Randy need to move fast .

Pertov after the game 2nite....

“We had enough chances to win the tie and it’s just unacceptable. We worked so hard last season to get into Europe and we blew it today. We need to improve all over the park, we’re not doing things right. Everyone who takes a penalty needs to score and I missed one. It’s be nice to know who’s going to be manager of the club.”

Now even the players like the fans hav not a clue , it's a real joke. Transfer window is in 5 days so where's our £18mil of jimmy's sale gone?? Barry last yr jimmy this , whos nxt yr Ash/Gabby ??.

Also why is Davies avil in the cup games but not even in the dugout in prem games???????????????????? .

General, I dont normally post on this section, but the shambles at our club needs to be sorted out.....and FAST.

You say that Randy will spend on players that will improve the side, but so far in this transfer window, this isnt the case. There are 4 days left of the window, there is no movement on the transfers side of things. There are players out there that would improve the team, but for some reason, nobody at the club can see it. It doesn't even look like the club are moving for ANYONE. Okay, we have no manager, but if we have no manager, then surely there is someone at the club who could get players into the club. I love Randy, glad he is our owner, but youve got to understand that, to fans of the club, our current situation is not looking good AT ALL. Out of Europe already, no manager, and no signings apart from Ireland, for whom we got rid of our best player for.

Regarding the managers position, I think Kev Mac is a very respectable coach, but I dont think he is cut out for Premiership management, and I think the Villa players need a man manager who can give them the confidence to push on. At the moment, this doesnt seem like its going to be the case. We need a big name to help push on, but as far as we are concerned at the moment, it seem as though the board are happy for Kev Mac to carry on, with us signing no players. Big name managers attract better players. I do not care whether you say Martin O'Neill is not as big as the club, at the end of the day, he was the best manager available to us. He should have been the given the funds to buy players, but clearly hasnt been.

As a fan and a season ticket holder, I do not want to see our football club being dragged down, and I feel, that at the moment, this is the way our club is heading, and thats down. It doesn't take a genius to see that. I feel that Aston Villa Football Club will be struggling to retain their Premiership status as we are currently going along the season at the moment without a manager and signings.

What is the club thinking about in waiting to appoint a manager? I think the club want to do it the cheap way and appoint MacDonald. I think that they want to appoint Kev Mac because he knows the younger players and they know he will give them a chance, and lets be fair, if this is the case, then its not right.

I'm not questioning Randys committment to the club, far from it. And I'm not having a go at you, I think what you do, taking time out of your own schedule to talk to fans, is brilliant, and I have seen and chatted to you when Villa beat the Blues 5-1 when you were in the Holte End, and you came across as someone who cares a lot about the club. But fans also care a lot about the club, and to see them lose 6-0 to Newcastle and then crash out of Europe, is depressing. We have let our best manager go, and our best player in Jimmy Milner. We need to get spending.

At the end of the day, youre saying there are no players AVAILABLE who would improve the side, but lets look at it from this point of view. The best players are never AVAILABLE, a club has to pay a reasonable amount of money to get them. Look at Jimmy Milner, he wasnt available for transfer, but Man City paid a reasonable amount to get their man, to which personally I feel we were mugged. We need to dip into other clubs to get better players to improve the team, and not wait for players to be transfer listed.

As for the slogan, Proud History, Bright Future, shouldnt it be Proud History, Diabolical Future?

General

After my post yesterday, I would like to register my interest in the vacant managers job.

I WOULD love the fans to chant my name "PaulAndy, PaulAndy - you're the greatest, the holte end say" - magical

I don't want to be invisible.

I like speaking to people.

What I want is 40k per year - not week, expenses to get to and from Brum (£20 a time)

What I can bring to us is passion and I know who shouldn't ever wear the shirt again

What I WILL NOT do is

Put a right back at left back, put a centre back at right back, put in two central defenders that have never played a competetive match before. Play a goalkeeper that has never played with that defence before. Put a winger up front.

Then, if it goes wrong I WONT put a centre back a t centre forward, and drop an attacking midfielder back to cover the defence as the right back hsa had to go back to cover the centre back - leaving no right back.

Do I have a chance, because I am telling this - I bleeding deserve it more than the guy you have appointed - I'm telling you that for nothing.

Disgraceful

I then get home to read the bombshell that is

"Villa state Heskey is not for sale"

Can it get worse - you bet ! - you wait until Sunday !

I have defended this board from start to now, I have never waivered, I blamed O'Neill totally. However, if you do not see / or cannot be bothered to put this right = then I am finished with the board - at least with Ellis we were guarenteed mediocrity - I am now wondering whether we will get this !

Hi gen:

30k fans in the pissing rain watching a below average team score 3 against us.... .

This, I made a 7 hour round trip including the game, lieterally arrived 5 minutes before kick off, spent £10 on tickets, £30 for Petrol, thats a weeks worth of my money i planned to live off at Uni this year, wasted on utter crap, sorry General, but i've lost the faith

After tonight, we need to focus on quickly getting a top notch manager.

There's only 3 in my opinion and in this order:-

Moyes

Jol

Keegan (supported by Martin Laursen)

General, please tell Randy to make one of these happen and soon!

Remember the other day I said, not speaking about game, that would be temper. Well today I will sy stuff , sorry if it hurts - its the truth

I got my first St in 1983 at teh age of 12. I have been one ever since. In 2001 I got my daughter, then 3 a ST and she still has it, in 2003, I then got my son one, then 3, and he still has it.

For three years I have said, you are pricing people out the game, the kids ST's have gone up stupidly for the past three years, but I paid it, as I was in a position I could afford a holiday abroad (what my wife has as the trade off) AND the ST's.

Well, after coming back from the USA Wednesday last week, my wife and I spoke and agreed we could not afford to go on holiday next year.

I am telling you this General, in 2006, I was at the end. I was finished with the Villa, after 23 years of being a ST holder, and 27yrs of going, I'd had it.

But you, Randy MON came in and told me it would be different.

Quite frankly, I don't believe you lied, I think the situation has changed. However, I DO feel you are now taking the pee out of us - as everyone has explained above, and , more personally, starting to blame the fans for not turning up !

To me, and I was right with DOL and MON - you blame fans - its only a matter of time.

Sort ir, or else this season ticket holder of 27 years will be lying on a beach in greece next August instead of being at Villa PArk

I am RAGING tonight after that !

Oh

One plus point.

I was impressed with the healthy option store in the Holte, only had an orange juice as I'd already had my tea - but I wll use it in future.

However, If all I want is a good sarnie and drink - I'll go to Subway !

Actions speak louder than words. If you are serious and you haven't given us a FALSE DAWN. Then pull your feckin fingers out and get this situation sorted because you are about to undo the 4 years of progress we have made as a club in 1 season. Don't you dare think that we are too good or too big to go down, look what happened to Newcastle. Stop burying your head in the sand and giving us this bollox about how Randy has spent in the past. Face the facts and get it sorted! We are a shambles at the minute!

Dear General

Once again you are being hit with a barrage of comments after tonights embarrising result , I personally dont blame you for the result tonight or on sunday , however it is becoming glaringly obvious that this club ,the club that has up untill now has progresed under the new ownership is now in a state of freefall . To see us come so close over the past few years have been inspiring and after the dark days under Ellis this is what all fans wanted to see .

All that work is now on a knife-egde , in my opinion we do have some very good players here (and some bad ones) but I cant see them hanging around to long if this downward spiral continues.

I can also see that the support of the board from the fans is beggining to waver and I really hope you and the board realize the importance of your choice of manager and that he is given money to spend in THIS transfer window.

Please dont let this club down !

Thanks for your time

Dounavilla UTV