General Krulak (part 3) - Questions

BOF

Hi Gen:

Just like the above... would Randy yourself & paul along with advice from Kev Mac sign somebody, maybe on a loan deal, without there being a manager in place? You said you will be coming over on Sunday.., is that for the tuesday transfer dealine or just the manager problem?

NO 'txt speak' - it is "and" not "n". It is "you", not "u"... etc etc. Please use at least the basic grammar rules - full stops and capital letters please! I know this sounds like you are back at school, but we want to be able to read what you have written! - this is one of the site guidelines. Please adhere to them. We will not re-write any more posts for you, but will delete them. Thank You

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

or instead of just catering to the apple cultists, maybe make one that can be used by all smartphone users? as an iphone app wouldnt be that great on my htc desire :winkold:

also, ill add my name to the list of people annoyed by the kit release farce, what an absolute joke. should have been sorted out really.

Same here, iphone app dont work on Dell Sreak - an android app would be popular as a lot of us have android OS phone.

Nice to have input from behind the scenes. Thank you General. I'm sure every effort is being made to get the right man for the job, we don't want things to stall and need a progressive manager to move us on. I hope there's a massive reaction from the team tomorrow in response to K.M.

Cave Leonem Cruciatum. (Beware the Tormented Lion.).

General Krulak here:

1. Oaks: I think I have answered your question every which way...the window has NOTHING...ZERO to do with hiring a Manager. As I have just posted, we have been deeply involved in the Manager search since the second MON turned in his resignation...immediately. As for "dog eat dog"...I would say that my reputation is essentially just that. I am not necessarily know to be the most "PC" or pussy cat around!! What you totally misunderstand is that just going into a Club and throwing money around is NOT the answer. What makes a team great is a strong bunch of lads led by a Manager who wants to be at the Club...for a lot more than just money. The "right" Manager for the Villa may not be the "right" Manager in your mind...but he will be the "right" one in the minds of those who are choosing. He needs to know the League, have demonstrated he can win in the League, be a team player who understands the ethos, traditions and values of the Club, be in synch with the leadership of the Club and have the same vision, etc. etc. etc. Finding the "right" person may appear easy to some...but it is not that easy. We have spent MANY hours looking for the person....we have traveled and we have talked...JUST because it isn't spread all over the London Times does not mean that we haven't been working.

2. Again, I know fans are frustrated...you are not alone. We did not ask nor expect to be in this situation....and certainly not done in the timing it was done...5 days before the beginning of the season.

General, can you enlighten me on whether the option of a manager of the calibre of say, Jol or Hitzfield or Pellegrini, is being considered seriously for the job, rather than (how do I put it) a manager of Southgate or Curbishley's calibre?

And will there be a permanent manager in charge by the next away game? (Stoke I think)

Thanks

Thankyou for the responses General.

Would I be right in assuming by your words that you are looking for someone with Premier League experience, or were you using 'league' as a loose term?

I've no doubt you're looking beyond these shores aswell but just wanted to be clear, since managers with PL experience is narrowing any appointment down pretty thinly.

General, I don't normally comment on here but just wanted to say that I have a massive amount of respect for the way that you have handled yourself on here in the last few weeks, you've faced the baying mob that is us Villa fans, and when it would be much easier to not be around, you've met the criticisms head on. I have faith in yourself, Randy and Paul that you will find the man most suited to undertaking the role that we desperatley need to fill, and I'm sure there are alot of other fans around that echo those sentiments.... Here's to the next chapter of AVFC!

General Sir, your last post tells the fans what the club are looking for in regards to the new manager, you mention the RIGHT man for the people choosing, can you clarify then that, that rules out Curbishley, MacDonald, Southgate, Bradley etc as these people are no where near good enough to manage this club, surely Randy could see that these people would take us backwards....UTV

Hi General

May I put on record appreciation of your time to come on and face the flak, even though I don't really think that should be your job to do.

You certainly don't pull punches and its been vice versa, yes there have been stupid comments on this thread by some but in the main Aston Villa is a passionate support as our history demonstrates and there are certain frustrations being vented out of that passion.

The reason behind the frustration is that we don't seem to be communicated to at all. I'm not having ago at Paul Faulkner General but he is the CEO of our club and I don't even know what he sounds like ?

Surely this is not right ? A position like that surely demands communication to its customers ? I understand Randy doesn't like talking to the press but I think we all would say the same thing someone, ie the CEO needs to step upto the plate and communicate with the support.

With all due respect General I don't think it should be left to your goodself to take all the flak although as said before, myself and 99% of the board sure appreciate you coming on here and giving us your time.

Up the Villa General

General, I thought that I would share with you a conversation that I had about Villa today.

I have four adult sons who were unusually all at home today each with a bunch of mates, so the house was full of young guys and girls many of whom are Villa fans. Now these are a bunch of busy people who find my habit of perusing and contributing to VT for hours on end to be quite amusing.

When I showed them some of the posts on your thread they were utterly gobsmacked. What followed was a long chat about Villa's present situation. I will leave you with just one quote which was representative of the whole discussion.

One of my third son's mates said .......... "I have a lot of mates who go to Villa and a lot more who support without neccessarily attending, not one of then has ever said anything negative about Randy Lerner."

Everyone in my house this afternoon was in full agreement that Randy buying Villa is the best thing that has ever happened to our club!

I have often wondered just how representative fan sites are of the total Villa support, after speaking to my son's numerous friends this afternoon I suspect the answer is that we really do not adequately reflect the middle ground, and perhaps only represent polarised extremes.

UTV!!!!

Hi General,

after a few weeks of thinking, drinking and smoking......

What are the chances of getting in a Director of Football first, let KMac run the show til it's done. and then let the DOF appoint a manager and be responsible for the forward tract of the club.

I reckon bringing in someone like Cruyff who has been the hidden hand behind the rise of Barca would be a great start.

Whilst the short term might seem desparate, the longer term view may offer more opportunities.

So my question:

Are we ready to break the mould and bring european style management of the club to english shores?

Ta, Grings

Recent quotes from our club captain are:

"We need to strengthen our squad before the transfer window closes.

Other teams around us are doing it and we are getting left behind."

If our club captain can see it and the fans can see it my question is can the board see we need to get some players in before the transfer window shuts?

General,

Do you share Villa captains Stylian Petrovs view that we need to strengthen as "Other teams around us are doing it and we are getting left behind". The teams he specifically mentioned were Everton, Spurs and City.

It is worrying that players seem to be talking about these kind of matters.

Ant

General,

Long time observer but not actually made comments for a long time....

I would be lying if I didn't say I was dissapointed with the club at the moment. It is very tough at the moment and there doesn't seem to be any immediate signs of things improving at the moment in my eyes. I hope that will change soon. I believe in American football its called a rebuilding season?

But... I would just like to say that you have been put in a no win position over the summer what with lack of spending, resignations, bad results and important players leaving but you have still consistantly come on the messages boards and I believe that should be commended.

So thanks General

?.......

One of my third son's mates said .......... "I have a lot of mates who go to Villa and a lot more who support without neccessarily attending, not one of then has ever said anything negative about Randy Lerner."

Everyone in my house this afternoon was in full agreement that Randy buying Villa is the best thing that has ever happened to our club!

I have often wondered just how representative fan sites are of the total Villa support, after speaking to my son's numerous friends this afternoon I suspect the answer is that we really do not adequately reflect the middle ground, and perhaps only represent polarised extremes.

UTV!!!!

General

I understand the above post but I cannot agree. I am sure that anyone who experienced it would agree that the best things that ever happened to Aston Villa in relatively recent times was our winning the league and European Cup. Hopefully Mr.Lerner has the ambition to bring back those times.