Mass Effect 2

Stu_The_Villan

What an incredible game. Finished it in the last week, worked through the Shadow Broker since, will almost certainly pick up Overlord in the next day or so just to completely polish off the game. Well worth doing for anyone who hasn't tried the DLC.

I'm actually quite tempted to 100% this, achievements and all... but I've heard Insanity difficulty is basically cruel.

What an incredible game. Finished it in the last week, worked through the Shadow Broker since, will almost certainly pick up Overlord in the next day or so just to completely polish off the game. Well worth doing for anyone who hasn't tried the DLC.

I'm actually quite tempted to 100% this, achievements and all... but I've heard Insanity difficulty is basically cruel.

Playing it on insanity now, it's not impossible. And I'm not an amazing gamer. You really have to think about using powers and moving squad mates around, and take out melee enemies quickly, so you can stay in cover.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up on PS3 today, I can't admit to being hugely impressed so far. As an RPG it's nowhere near as good as Dragon Age, and the shooting just feels a bit half arsed. Looks like a decent story and has some nice graphics, but to my admittedly untutored eyes, it isn't as good as it's made out to be. I'm going to persevere though.

Play as an Adept. Space Mage doesnt need to bother with fiddly shooting!

Started again as a female adept. Much more fun! Quite a way into it and enjoying it more now, but still don't think it's worth all the gushing praise coming it's way. I'd say it's a solid 8/10 game. I enjoyed Dragon Age more as an RPG, and Borderlands was a better RPG/Shooter.

Can understand that its not everyones cup of tea but i gotta say, im loving pretty much everything about this game so far.

Got it last week and have so far put about 15 hours into it, have done a few loyalty missions and main quest wise i am halfway through recruiting my team.

The shooting can be a bit fiddly but on the whole but as its not just a fps it'll do, i normally get my squad to do the near shooting while i pick off the enemies that are further away with the sniper rifle.

The story is also top notch, also with the backstories of each character being revealed during the recruiting & loyalty missions, i feel more involved with this one compared to the first.

Another negative from the first was the lack of variation in locations (in terms of aesthetics), this seems to have been rectified so far - jacks loyalty mission steals the show so far with its jurrassic park feel, i enjoyed the blade runnery feel of Omega and i stared for ages at the view from the mansion garden during the kasumi mission.

I also love the new stripped down citadel, non of that endless aimless wandering about and getting lost.

Last thing ill mention are the customisable armours and little things like the fish tanks, ship model display and the space hamster!

The only bug bears for me are the silly elements of the galaxy map (fuel, scanning), the constant loading screens and the one freeze ive had.

Top, top game. I loved the first one but this is just so much better.

Dont get me wrong they are quicker than the 'riding the lift' faux loading screens from the first one, drove me mad on the 360 that did but id have thought they would have got them faster on the ps3 considering they have had a while to optimise it.

The sex scenes in these games, and the Dragon Age games for that matter, actually in any video game ever where there has been one, are the funniest things I have ever, ever seen. I think I mentioned it in the DA thread, but the gay one with that latino guy is **** hilarious. They're just incredibly chessy and terrible. I'd much rather the screen just turn to black.

I'm trying to will myself into completing yet another playthrough. I'm at the assault on the Collector base now, which imo is the most boring part of the entire game - when you've played through it like 5 or 6 times like me.

The rest of the game though, I could play for eternity methinks*.

* Edit: Except the planet scanning :D terrible!

jacks loyalty mission steals the show so far

I just did this one on my game, and it is a cracker. Possibly only Samara's mission could top, havent got to that one yet on this playthrough, can't wait to though as I'm playing renegade this time...

Â