Mass Effect 2

Stu_The_Villan

So I caved and purchased it. Back into gaming for the time being. Not online with my 360 though so I'll probably miss out a chunk of stuff.

Question about the war room and the universe being 'ready'... I take it the more places you visit the more people you can unite and the better your chances of survival? Is there a time limit on this AKA the longer you take exploring the more the universe is destroyed until the final battle, or is it like a 'stasis' segment and the universe stops still whilst you do this so I can take as long as I want?

Is there a time limit on this AKA the longer you take exploring the more the universe is destroyed until the final battle, or is it like a 'stasis' segment and the universe stops still whilst you do this so I can take as long as I want?

Stasis (lol)

Nevertheless, I hear playing co-op makes things significantly easier.

At any rate, so far it's been an incredible experience, really has been. Never has a game had such a great emotional impact on me, and no I'm not being hyperbolic. ALL of my squadmates are impeccably voice-acted, which really helps bring the characters to life and make me feel real connections of friendship to them. (Which, come to think of it, means I need to be getting out more :lol: ) If only everyone in real life were as caring and loyal as my mates on the Normandy - well, at least I can be glad that I do have a very small number of friends who fit that description for me.

I've read that the endings are very underwhelming though.

Glad Liara got a tit job as well :lol:

Completed this last night. **** brilliant game, even better than the second. The last mission in particular was superb and i thought the ending was very cleverly done. So much stuff to talk about but dont want to spoil anything for anybody

Need someone to play ME3 multiplayer with me! Takers?

**** multiplayer but unfortunately I need it to get the ending I want..........ahhh sense of entitlement we have as capitalist consumers, eh.

Well I've put a few hours in and despite a fairly lacklustre first couple of hours it's just starting to pick up. I've spent an hour or so just sorting out some stuff on the Citadel, which has already lead to running into familiar faces everywhere in almost farcical fashion, effectively just cameos really ('HEY LOOK! IT'S _________ REMEMBER HIM AND THE SHIT YOU DID!?') but it's nice to see a couple of characters I really liked.

I'm not sure yet whether I think it's a great game or just a decent one, I've not really had much drive to do some proper lengthy side missions.

This game seems hell bent on killing characters I liked.

Also, importing a ME2 save basically **** me over on a decision - there was literally a no-win situation in a major decision I was asked to make. A character would die, no matter what, and one of the choices would lead to a situation where I would be forced to lose another.

That moment kinda summed up how they've altered paragon/renegade in this. The decision was leading to alternative shades of grey, neither was ideal.

Completed it yesterday, not impressed. The whole game was cheesy as hell and Bioware's attempt at a mature story is embarrassing. They aren't the company they used to be.

Man, how did you do that? I sunk (what felt like) quite alot of hours into this over the weekend but I don't think I'm that close to finishing it yet.

I'm enjoying it, although I don't think I can say I'm enjoying it as much as the first one. I agree with the complaints I've heard about the quality of the writing, and some of the over sentimentality, but honestly I'm not all that bothered by it. It makes me laugh more than anything else - was very tempted to make my BroShep gay when at the discoteque with Cortez, given the option to tell him that 'I'm eye candy too' ahaha oh man...damn you Dragon Age for making a mockery of every attempt ever to make sexuality a serious issue in computer games. I just find it hilarious

And just after that 'encounter' I found out the Joker and Robot-EDI are in a 'relationship'. The mind boggles. I am enjoying these little scenes though, the ones you get when a teammate wants to 'have a chat' or 'take a break' - the one with Garrus on the citadel, shooting cans from the top of the presidium, especially. I'm also gunning for that news reporter piece with the big tits, Liara is just too boring soz love.

How are the glitches treating everyone? There was a mission killing one on the citadel for me (PS3), which I hope is fixed before I get to the end game. That was a Hanar embassador one, there was also a Volus embassador mission that broke while trying to do it, but worked once I reloaded it. Which I've had to do a few times. When picking a team member to fix something while the other 2 of us fight off the bad guys, for example. We killed everyone, and then...nothing happened. So had to restart.

The Holding Docks glitch is really odd. If you just leave it to load normally, the game will crash. But if you open the XMB while it's loading, it'll work...

Also Jokers eyes are ****. They're just wrong. He looks like this all the time O__O Might be cos he's ragging EDI though I guess :lol:

And just after that 'encounter' I found out the Joker and Robot-EDI are in a 'relationship'. The mind boggles. I am enjoying these little scenes though, the ones you get when a teammate wants to 'have a chat' or 'take a break' - the one with Garrus on the citadel, shooting cans from the top of the presidium, especially. I'm also gunning for that news reporter piece with the big tits, Liara is just too boring soz love.

Jeez what with the Elves in Skyrim is no character safe from your sexual perversions.

:shock:

Jeez what with the Elves in Skyrim is no character safe from your sexual perversions.

:shock:

EDI-bot is very, very safe, I assure you :lol:

Well, I finished it last night. Was quite eager to see what all the fuss was about. Had planned to get 100% Galactic Readiness first, but got it up to about 86%, which gave me ~4800 Effective Military Strength, and figured I'll just go ahead and finish it (how the **** anyone is supposed to get over 4000 without multiplayer is a mystery to me, I did every side quest and scanned every planet, and was no where near).

At first I didn't think the ending was that bad. I've seen worse. As the minutes and hours passed from having finished it, though, and I had chance to reflect on what happens...well, I'm becoming more and more flabbergasted.

Everything was fine for me about the end up to a point. The charge towards the Reaper Beam on Earth (in fact everything on Earth was really good, the final goodbyes, the frantic and urgent sense that they were to be the battles to save Earth), Shepherd getting injured, creeping through the unknown part of the Citadel with a pistol...shit, even the Illusive Man showing up I was alright with. Anderson's death and that final chat with Shephard was good too - at least the one I got, I understand that in some endings the Illusive Man kills him himself.

That's where things started to go pear shaped. I had liked the fact that the Repears hinted at a larger controlling force in the universe, and like many others presumed this would be the catalyst for the plot in the next part of the franchise. To explain it all away in a 5 minute cut scene though was just...wrong. I'm also led to believe that no matter which of the 3 'paths' you take at the end, basically the only thing it changes is the colour of the wave that destroys/disables the Reaper forces.

What REALLY pissed me off though, was the penultimate cutscene, wherein the Normandy crashes on a planet, apparently shipwrecking the crew there...and the two other members of your team who made the charge to the Reaper Beam with you get off! What the ****! How did they get there? Why? When? It was so, so sloppy...I mean, some plot holes might take a few hours to sink in, or a few minutes maybe for the penny to drop, but this just slaps you right in the **** face.

GOSH. I havent even mentioned the fact that Anderson magically gets to the control panel on the citadel before you despite the fact that theres only one bridge to it, nor the fact that Hackett specifically contacts you when he presumes everyone is dead. There's a theory doing the rounds that the whole thing from the point of the charge at the Reaper Beam is all in Shephard's head, and is an internal conflict of his indoctrinated mind. Which explains away some of the things I have major gripes with...but is frankly **** stupid and I hope it isnt revealed as truth.

I'm fine with Shephard dying - I fully expected it. A scene after all was said and done with the various people you had interacted with over the course of the 3 games, both major and minor characters, gathered at Shephard's funeral would have been perfect. Maybe Liara carrying Shephards baby (I'm presuming Asari are pregnant in a similar manner to Humans...???) if you had romanced her - which, although I know Bioware say they consider nothing as being canon, was just meant to be. Various scenes of the peoples you gathered for the final battle helping to rebuild Earth, the Krogan starting a war with the Salarians, the Quarians, Turians, and Asari rebuilding their home worlds too, yeh, good, some closure. No such luxury though.

Damn you Bioware for making me invest so much time on these characters and universe that I actually DO care about what happens to them.

Man that turned into quite an essay. Sorry about that :P

You're bang on about the ending.

The fact that you get pretty much the same ending whatever you do is a real shitter. Especially after so many decisions before making such a difference.

The other point about the ending, is you destroy the mass relays. So the Geth, Turian, Asari and Quarian fleets are all completely stranded in our Solar System, with only a pretty devastated Earth to sustain them. (and the Turian's can't even eat human food.) So that'll be a pretty horrible mess.

It's just so out of Sheppard's character not to get either, a **** you I'm killing you my way renegade option. Or a hey, I brokered peace with the Geth and Quarians, so synthetics and organics can live in peace, Paragon option.

You're bang on about the ending.

The fact that you get pretty much the same ending whatever you do is a real shitter. Especially after so many decisions before making such a difference.

The other point about the ending, is you destroy the mass relays. So the Geth, Turian, Asari and Quarian fleets are all completely stranded in our Solar System, with only a pretty devastated Earth to sustain them. (and the Turian's can't even eat human food.) So that'll be a pretty horrible mess.

It's just so out of Sheppard's character not to get either, a **** you I'm killing you my way renegade option. Or a hey, I brokered peace with the Geth and Quarians, so synthetics and organics can live in peace, Paragon option.

Too many plot holes and coincidences going on in the ending sequence for the following to be not true IMO. SPOILERS obviosly.

Â