Mass Effect 2

Stu_The_Villan

as i said above, i didnt review it. i just played it for a week. and as i also said earlier, non 90% reviews arent allowed yet

I count 54 reviews Including every major industry publication, pretty standard for a major release. The only reviews that aren't out are the non-gaming specific mass media publications such as newspapers and entertainment periodicals who are usually rubbish at reviewing games and come a couple of weeks later if at all, mainly due to the fact they could care less about a game until it causes either controversy or a buzz.

As somebody who has worked in both the film and music industries I know it's almost impossible to embargo a select number of reviews without completely withholding the product from review which obviously hasn't happened in this scenario since so many outlets have reviewed it.

Also the game has been out in the US for 3 days not sure when it'll be released in Europe but here we kind of have this little constitution thing that guarantees freedom of the press so it's highly unlikely any media outlet that has the product can be restrained from publishing their review of it without EA getting done up the ass by a supreme court justice wearing a rhinoceros sized strap-on.

So I'd love to know how EA have manged to embargo reviews for a product that has already been released and if have the information I know a number of record and film executives who would pay you handsomely for what surely must be the entertainment industries Holy Grail.

Also the game has been out in the US for 3 days not sure when it'll be released in Europe but here we kind of have this little constitution thing that guarantees freedom of the press so it's highly unlikely any media outlet that has the product can be restrained from publishing their review of it without EA getting done up the ass by a supreme court justice wearing a rhinoceros sized strap-on.

So I'd love to know how EA have manged to embargo reviews for a product that has already been released and if have the information I know a number of record and film executives who would pay you handsomely for what surely must be the entertainment industries Holy Grail.

Its not legally binding, its a non disclosure agreement that both parties sign. Embargoes are global because of the internet (at least in terms of language, English and Japanese language reviews may have different dates) If you break embargo then you just dont get invited to future preview events from the company who placed the embargo. Its a very common thing in the media, especially the gaming press.

Its not legally binding, its a non disclosure agreement that both parties sign. Embargoes are global because of the internet (at least in terms of language, English and Japanese language reviews may have different dates) If you break embargo then you just dont get invited to future preview events from the company who placed the embargo. Its a very common thing in the media, especially the gaming press.

Rev I know plenty about embargo's and NDA's but they cannot be selective and withhold only negative reviews on such a large scale especially after the product has been released. Fair enough to invite a select handful of film critics to a private screening with a quality goodie bag but it appears EA were happy to ship out review copies of Mass Effect 2 to every man and his blog. Not the same as 5 glowing reviews from questionable sources.

If EA is in the business of threatening publications not to print their reviews then that is a matter for a member on here who looks like Robert Downey Jr and his organisation to step in and kick ass, you know who you are but first give me a heads up to sell my EA stocks, not that they are worth much anymore.

Its an extremely common practice mate. I'm not for one second saying ME2 is rubbish, its not really "my" genre of games, but I can appreciate why people love it and why they loved the first one. But embargoes do exist and good reviews will be allowed to go up early. Its the norm in the videogame industry.

Its an extremely common practice mate. I'm not for one second saying ME2 is rubbish, its not really "my" genre of games, but I can appreciate why people love it and why they loved the first one. But embargoes do exist and good reviews will be allowed to go up early. Its the norm in the videogame industry.

Rev, I'm not talking about a few reviews or early reviews. I'm discussing the fact that the game has been released in a major market and there are 54 reviews all of which are very positive but I'm being led to believe that there are a number of negative reviews that EA has somehow managed to shelve despite the games release, which to me would be quite astonishing. I could understand it if these negative reviews are all coming from a market where the game hasn't been released but then I'd wonder why nobody in the US market (a very punishing place for criticism) has been critical of the game.

Im gutted. After a marathon 6 hour sesh on this sunday afternoon my xbox has got the red ring of death!! Was really into this game aswell, id say im about half way through. Now gotta wait for 2-6 weeks to play it again!!

Mass Effect 2 :angry:

get it send to be repaired by UPS express delivery

frankfurt and back via belgium in under 8 days.

BOOM!

This game is awesome, taking my time with it as i completed the first one way to quickly and missed loads of side missions.

*Spoilers*

I am at the part where I am looking to get some component to send through the relay to the Collectors galaxy. However I am progressing through the teams side missions to get them loyal to me and the mission.

I have already had dinner and smashed my assistant and looks like I might get jiggy with Miranda.

I am both good and bad since imposting my previous save. Wrex is still a legend as is leader of his clan. I have one spare slot on my team but don't know who it is (it's second from the left on the team selection screen).

is this a character I get later in the game or is it a person from the previous game? Allenko died in my first save.

I should get a couple of hours into it tonight. I am helping Garrus track down his team mate who sold him out on Omega.

BOOM!

Are the side missions on the planets any better this time? That was the one thing I disliked about the first one. They could have done so much more on the planets, as opposed to having one little area to do a mission in on each one....

get it send to be repaired by UPS express delivery

frankfurt and back via belgium in under 8 days.

BOOM!

Thats what i have done...they picked it up tuesday. Email i had said 2-6weeks tho?? If i got it back in a week id be surpised!!

I am at the part where I am looking to get some component to send through the relay to the Collectors galaxy. However I am progressing through the teams side missions to get them loyal to me and the mission.

I have already had dinner and smashed my assistant and looks like I might get jiggy with Miranda.

I am both good and bad since imposting my previous save. Wrex is still a legend as is leader of his clan. I have one spare slot on my team but don't know who it is (it's second from the left on the team selection screen).

is this a character I get later in the game or is it a person from the previous game? Allenko died in my first save.

I should get a couple of hours into it tonight. I am helping Garrus track down his team mate who sold him out on Omega.

BOOM!

This site needs spoiler tags!!

Youre a bit past me. I heard ha once you go through the omega relay it triggers the final coupke of missions. Dunno how true this is but im gonna get everything else done before i do just in case :winkold: Think i got 3 spots left for new squad members but have done all of the loyalty missions for ones i do have. DOne all of the 'assignments' i has but will probably unlock a few more the further i get.

And when you say you banged your assistant, you mean the bird who stands next to the galaxy map? :wink:

Havent met Wrex again yet either :o

Briggaman...side missions are better this time. I mean ALOT better

*Spoilers*

BOOM!

***SPOILERS***

When you go to collect the component tht will let you go through the Omega 4 relay you will find this last squad member.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished this and can honestly say its one of the best games ive played in ages. Only thing that lets it down for me is the fact i have no intention of playing it through again. I mean, apart from playing as a different class and either going for all out renegade or paragon (i done a bit of both on my playthrough) i dont see much point in playing it again as i have sat through all of the conversations and dont fancy doing it again just for some different reactions.

All in all though, absolute top quality game that i thouroughly enjoyed.

Just been and traded it in for Uncharted 2 on ps3 :P

Â