LC: SF Blackburn h Match Thread 2010/01/20 19:45

limpid

Rovers did knock a Chelsea team out in the previous round, plus a good win at the weekend against Fulham, so it will be tough to start with at VP.

We will be at Wembley for the final v Manchester City I hope, (and the liar.)

2-0 to us on the night, 3-0 agg.

Is it too early to book a hotel and travel, or just bad luck?

If we can`t beat Blackburn Rovers for a day out at Wembley, then we havn`t moved on.

UTV

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Collins out, Luke Young in and then put Cuellar back at CB and L.Young back at RB.

I would keep Carlos at RB for this one, he is better in the air than Luke Young, we seem to look for him at the far post when we cross from the left, Luke wouldn`t give us that option and Rovers wouldn`t worry about LY in the air.

Collins and Dunne at CB, Warnock and Cuellar FB`s.

Ok lets forget about Sunday and start looking forward to the second leg. One game now away from Wembley.

I think he will stay with Carlos at left back, feels he gives us more stability at the back than Luke who is far better going forward. Probably be the same team as Sunday with the exception of Carew for heskey.

Ok lets forget about Sunday and start looking forward to the second leg. One game now away from Wembley.

I think he will stay with Carlos at left back, feels he gives us more stability at the back than Luke who is far better going forward. Probably be the same team as Sunday with the exception of Carew for heskey.

:shock:

I'd be extremely surprised if the team was any different from the one that played the 1st leg.

Iknow when we look on the official site that everyone who gets to speak on there says villa park has to be rocking for all the game as the fans getting behind the boys means so much.Well i believe that so all those who are fortunate to be able to go tomorrow please sing your hearts out even if its not going our way at anytime in the game,as weve all read our boys need that vocal support!!!!Come on me babbiesss!!!!!!!!!!!! :D oh yeah think we will win 2-1 gabby will break his goal drought and downing to get the 2nd :winkold:

No Big John

Aston Villa striker John Carew is doubtful for the Carling Cup semi-final second-leg meeting with Blackburn at Villa Park on Wednesday.

The Norway international suffered a knee injury during training on Monday and is battling to be fit to face Sam Allardyce's side.

Midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker is still sidelined with the ankle problem which caused him to miss Sunday's goalless home draw with West Ham in the Premier League. Manager Martin O'Neill is again likely to operate with number two goalkeeper Brad Guzan which has been his policy in the majority of cup fixtures this season.

Villa (from): Friedel, Guzan, Cuellar, L Young, Beye, Dunne, Collins, Warnock, Milner, Downing, Petrov, A Young, Sidwell, Delph, Agbonlahor, Carew, Heskey, Delfouneso, Clark, Albrighton.

Not the best news (and sure some posters will misinterpret the news to JC is being sold!) would rather him than Heskey upfront for this match!

Part of me thinks we should put Heskey on the bench for the 2nd half, lump Sidders in the middle with Stan and play Milner (rotating with Downing and Young) off Gabby up front.

I'm coming up from london for this! I can't wait!

Is it ok if i have a backpack on.. will VP staff let me in??

Yeah, stewards will search it for the usual suspect items such as bottle tops.

Really getting nervous about this game. Been to wembley 4 times with villa, first in 1994 and it really is one of the best days out to go and watch your team. Lets finish the job villa!

Allardyce saying their game plan is to get the first goal. We score early and they'll be there for the taking. Hope we don't sit on a 1 goal lead knowing a draw is enough, as if they do equalise its anyones. I won't rest unless we're 3 up on aggregate!

I have butterflies already just thinking about it. God knows what i'll be like approaching kick-off :shock:

First part of the game and indeed the first goal is massively important and will ultimately determine whether we go to Wembley or not. I just hope the players want it as much as the fans...

I'm pleased to see that the club website are showing 'limited availability' on tickets. The full house Tranmere semi still ranks as one of the best atmospheres at VP in my lifetime, so let's hope that the last few tickets are picked up.

Mr Lerner arrives at BHX in the next few minutes, so he's obviously up for it!

Guzan

L.Young Collins Dunne Warknock

Milner NRC Delph Ash

Gabby Delfounso

OR

Guzan

L.Young Collins Dunne Warknock

Downing Milner NRC Ash

Gabby Delfounso

We need to score, and that's what Nathan does, NRC controls games, and Delph Gives us that energy and creativity we need.

UTV

According to BBC there is just sleet on Wednesday

Nothing to be worried about at all

Im near Oxford and its been snowing all morning, already got a couple of cm. Really hope it doesn't affect me driving up tonight. :(

No snow here (lichfield area) weather just said some around mid day but will be gone by early evening.

There will be times tonight when rovers are on top, thats natural in football, I just hope our fans stick with us and are constantly behind the team.

Sounds like they are going to come out and look for that early goal, and i think we will too. I agree with an earlier post about bringing Sidders in and maybe pushing one of the 3 (Young, Downing or Jimmy) up playing off gabby, it may just give us the extra threat from hitting them on the break. Plus with having the 5 across the middle while they have the ball, could we not let Sidders man mark (or niggle at) Dunne?

However I think that it will be the same side from the 1st leg and Sunday. I think he will stick with Carlos at the RB simply because he is better in the air than Luke Young, and the high ball is a big part of there game. I agree with playing Guzan again, just be prepared to have your hearts in mouths if he comes for a cross!

Cant wait for it tonight, already nervous, probably while i have just babbled on writing this!

COME ON YOU VILLA BOYS :clap:

Hopefully :hooray: