The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's aj vs Miller. What a shit fight that will be. Miller being a giant lump who has absolutely no power. Aj win. People will be mor eintetested in fury vs wildee

Edited by Demitri_C

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Confirmed aj vs Miller at madison Square Garden. 

What a shit fight. Be more interest in wilder vs fury 2 than this

He’s been purposely frozen out by both wilder and fury and had to resort to lesser fights.

I think his egotistical/arrogant management is part of the reason.

i don’t dislike AJ but already growing tired of his faux ‘humble’ persona (and really cant take to Eddie Hearn)

AJ's popularity and credibility has certainly taken a little bit of a knock. The past few months have revealed him has more of a business man than a boxer, far too much quibbling over his 'worth' and that has been reflected in the offers given to other fighters. He now has no serious fights on the horizon.

He's getting a lot of money to fight a very, very average fighter in the US. Miller is frankly obese, pushing 300 lbs and recently fought an ancient Tomas Adamek who was never worth anything at heavyweight. Shocking fight. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

AJ's popularity and credibility has certainly taken a little bit of a knock. The past few months have revealed him has more of a business man than a boxer, far too much quibbling over his 'worth' and that has been reflected in the offers given to other fighters. He now has no serious fights on the horizon.

He's getting a lot of money to fight a very, very average fighter in the US. Miller is frankly obese, pushing 300 lbs and recently fought an ancient Tomas Adamek who was never worth anything at heavyweight. Shocking fight. 

100% this. His value has definitely dived and the fans are nit falling for it. Wilde and fury were very smart how they handled this. Now the winner can request more. 

Miller is just a lump of @ boxer. For a guy his size he has little to no power. This should be a easy fight for aj. Then what ? Whyte and breazale are fighting it out for a shot at the winner of the Wilde fight. So I would assume the loser of the wilder fight might be and next opponent or pulev

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Confirmed aj vs Miller at madison Square Garden. 

What a shit fight. Be more interest in wilder vs fury 2 than this

Unfortunately, he wasn’t going to get the Fury or Wilder fight st present. Bunce and Costello made a good point on their recent podcast, Wilder rode on AJ’s coattails to build his reputation and name in the UK. AJ now has to ride the coattails of the Fury Wilder fight to get his name big in America. You’d hope once the Wilder Fury rematch is done and Aj has this fight out the way, something has to give to get the unification bout

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

So Fury signing a new TV deal. Means the AJ fight is even less likely to happen.

I think should aj overcome the obsese beast Miller he will fight loser of fury wilder. After I saw wilder ko fury last fight I think fury will lose the rematch. 

4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think should aj overcome the obsese beast Miller he will fight loser of fury wilder. After I saw wilder ko fury last fight I think fury will lose the rematch. 

Why would he fight the loser?

I think this deal could actually mean none of three meet, Wilder won’t come off PBC, AJ won’t come off Dazn, and Fury will stick to ESPN.

There seems to be conflicting opinions on how Fury’s ESPN deal will affect things.

Some seem to think it will improve the chances of Fury Vs Wilder, because ESPN will add some clout and Showtime are a small player in the PPV market? 

It would be a travesty if these deals keep the three of them apart. They could spend the next 3/4 years fighting each other and make an absolute fortune. 

AJ and his deal are the issue imo, I don’t care what Hearn says, they will protect his brand/record rather than risk a fight with Fury. Money will be used as an excuse.

Disagree with @Demitri_C on the Fury/Wilder re-match. Fury schooled him for most of that first fight, took a ‘knockout’ punch and recovered. Fury will beat him comfortably next time, assuming he stays on track mentally. He’s a far better boxer. 

Edited by wazzap24

2 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

There seems to be conflicting opinions on how Fury’s ESPN deal will affect things.

Some seem to think it will improve the chances of Fury Vs Wilder, because ESPN will add some clout and Showtime are a small player in the PPV market? 

It would be a travesty if these deals keep the three of them apart. They could spend the next 3/4 years fighting each other and make an absolute fortune. 

AJ and his deal are the issue imo, I don’t care what Hearn says, they will protect his brand/record rather than risk a fight with Fury. Money will be used as an excuse.

Disagree with @Demitri_C on the Fury/Wilder re-match. Fury schooled him for most of that first fight, took a ‘knockout’ punch and recovered. Fury will beat him comfortably next time, assuming he stays on track mentally. He’s a far better boxer. 

I agree fury is the better boxer and he totally out boxed him. But wilder although was very pants. Managed to knock him down twice and fury doesn't get hit much. 

That says to me if wilder starts quicker  and connects quickly it's lights out fury. But if you look at it from a more positive fury point of view. That ws sonky his third fight and he was robbed. You could argue fury will get better and better if he stays sane and continues his recovery. 

I think fury would beat aj  easilytbh he wi outbox him and if fury got up from wilder punches he wi be able to for an a si believe wilder is the stronger punch rout of the two. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

They're potentially the biggest, for a very long time HBO and Showtime were the only PPV players in town, with HBO completely cutting boxing from their schedule, it's not just Showtime and ESPN. ESPN is a bigger channel but has little experience with boxing PPV relative to showtime.

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

They're potentially the biggest, for a very long time HBO and Showtime were the only PPV players in town, with HBO completely cutting boxing from their schedule, it's not just Showtime and ESPN. ESPN is a bigger channel but has little experience with boxing PPV relative to showtime.

Ah ok, thanks. 

I’d seen the comment from Bob Arum and misunderstood. 

Degale vs eubank Jr tonight. Can't think of. Two more unlikeable fighters. Can't they both lose? 

The only good thing about this is the losers surely their career will be in tatters so we only have to see one of the moving forward. 

I'll go eubank on points 

Â