The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Khan is going to give Crawford problems, not saying he will win, I expect him to get stopped late on, but I also expect him to be winning the fight after 5 rounds before Crawford makes adjustments. People forget how much Crawford struggled with an over the hill Gamboa. Gamboa was clearly winning the fight after 5-6 rounds and even hurt Crawford quite badly in the round the fight finished in. Crawford will struggle with Khan's speed and combinations.

On 03/01/2019 at 15:13, OutByEaster? said:

DeGale vs Eubank Jr - the British Superfight that next to no one has been waiting for - and that next to no one will see - live on ITV PPV from the last chance saloon.

My money's on Eubank Jr.

At least whoever loses will no longer be seen again.

I find DeGale less irritating than Eubank Jr so I hope he wins. 

3 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Khan is going to give Crawford problems, not saying he will win, I expect him to get stopped late on, but I also expect him to be winning the fight after 5 rounds before Crawford makes adjustments. People forget how much Crawford struggled with an over the hill Gamboa. Gamboa was clearly winning the fight after 5-6 rounds and even hurt Crawford quite badly in the round the fight finished in. Crawford will struggle with Khan's speed and combinations.

I expect Khan to do well and then walk on to one

5 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Khan cause Crawford problems? Not a chance in hell. Crawford is going to obliterate him.

On 01/01/2019 at 01:27, Demitri_C said:

The most pathetic fight ever. Mayaeather should be completely embarrassed. I still think this kid will kill mayweathe4 in a MMA fight though.

Of course he would beat Mayweather's in a MMA fight. Has for Mayweather's being embarrassed. Nine million for three minutes work, what fool wouldn't take that ?

There's a reason why he's the richest sportsman ever.

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Crawford has to be one of the most over hyped fighters ever. For me , he's not even in the top 5 pound for pound.

He's never beaten a A class fighter, that's for sure, a lot like Mikey Garcia, but at least Garcia is going to fight Spence.

2 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

You're wrong. Not saying Khan will win at all, but he will take rounds off Crawford, have you not seen the Gamboa fight?

Crawford wasn't great in that one yet he still won the fight. So am have off days and I believe that was one of Crawford's. I think this is a very easy fight for Crawford 

Hopefully Broner increasingly fades into obscurity now. He's a terrible boxer, just so negative with almost no IQ, Pacquiao, despite being 40 and a shadow of his former self, managed to absolutely school a man who is physically much stronger, bigger and 11 years his junior. Pacquaio is just a phenomenal athlete to do this at 40, roids or no roids. It was total domination.

Incidentally I quite like what ITV are doing, they're just buying the American coverage, that means for Showtime fights you get Al Bernstein and Paulie Malignaggi who are the best in the business when it comes to commentary. You also don't have to deal with irritating British pundits and commentators who have no clue about the sport and blow smoke up the British fighter's ass. 

One thing the need to sort out is their scheduling. They allocated like 2 and a half hours to this event, luckily I added an additional two hours to the recording to capture all of it!

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Hopefully Broner increasingly fades into obscurity now. He's a terrible boxer, just so negative with almost no IQ, Pacquiao, despite being 40 and a shadow of his former self, managed to absolutely school a man who is physically much stronger, bigger and 11 years his junior. Pacquaio is just a phenomenal athlete to do this at 40, roids or no roids. It was total domination.

Incidentally I quite like what ITV are doing, they're just buying the American coverage, that means for Showtime fights you get Al Bernstein and Paulie Malignaggi who are the best in the business when it comes to commentary. You also don't have to deal with irritating British pundits and commentators who have no clue about the sport and blow smoke up the British fighter's ass. 

One thing the need to sort out is their scheduling. They allocated like 2 and a half hours to this event, luckily I added an additional two hours to the recording to capture all of it!

The only boxer Broner's a problem to is himself. To think he actually thought he won.

2 hours ago, Brumerican said:

Broner will be begging for fans to recognise him in the streets soon enough.

That makes me happy.

I hope this crwtin nevee boxes again.ihope all his "fans"lose interest in him so he begs them for them to get photos with him. That will teach him

I'm expecting Pac man vs mayweather 2.have no interest in this fight. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

I actually burst out laughing at Broner’s post-fight interview. Brilliant. Highlight of the whole fight, along with him getting chinned and almost going down.

I didn’t see it, not sure I can tolerate seeing that fool. What happened?

Â