The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think Garcia has got better. It's hard to judge Khan based on this fight as his opponent was terrible. He might go for Crawford if he beats horn. But Crawford would humilate khan. 

Crawford is a exceptional fighter. I hope to see him vs Spence at some point

I really don't think Crawford is as good as the hype says he is, but that's just mo. As for him giving Spence a fight, I honestly think Horn would more chance with Spence, that's not to say Crawford won't beat Horn, but at least Horn is a natural welterweight, maybe not a great one, but definitely a natural one. That said , I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Horn giving Crawford all kinds of trouble.

57 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I really don't think Crawford is as good as the hype says he is, but that's just mo. As for him giving Spence a fight, I honestly think Horn would more chance with Spence, that's not to say Crawford won't beat Horn, but at least Horn is a natural welterweight, maybe not a great one, but definitely a natural one. That said , I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Horn giving Crawford all kinds of trouble.

Really. Crawford is a awesome fighter. He can fight either side and such an intelligent boxer. He has power but we haven’t seen it at this weight s9 be interesting to see if he can hurt horn.

you would expect spence to win as he is the natural bigger guy but must remember  mayweather was smaller than canelo and he completely outboxed him. Crawford could do the same to khan. He is that good.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Really. Crawford is a awesome fighter. He can fight either side and such an intelligent boxer. He has power but we haven’t seen it at this weight s9 be interesting to see if he can hurt horn.

you would expect spence to win as he is the natural bigger guy but must remember  mayweather was smaller than canelo and he completely outboxed him. Crawford could do the same to khan. He is that good.

Mayweather is an exception to the rule.

Jacobs lucky to come away with a win IMO, saw that as a razor thin. DJ was getting tagged all night with the right hand, had Sulecki had even a bit of power Jacobs would have been out of there.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Jacobs lucky to come away with a win IMO, saw that as a razor thin. DJ was getting tagged all night with the right hand, had Sulecki had even a bit of power Jacobs would have been out of there.

I agree he won but just. If triple g hit him with some of those shots he would have been out.

Wasn't overly impressed with jacobs last night.

Good win for Miller wont be long until he gets a shot at wilder or joshua

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I agree he won but just. If triple g hit him with some of those shots he would have been out.

Wasn't overly impressed with jacobs last night.

Good win for Miller wont be long until he gets a shot at wilder or joshua

He really is terrible IMO, both would destroy him.

So haye vs bellew 2. Be interesting to see how thia one turns out. Bellew has tried his hardest to get haye in a emotional state.

I think bellew wins on points ending ha Yes career. Cant think of two more unlikeablr boxers who are fighting one another. Bit despite me not liking haye I can't stand bellew. Such a annoying cretin.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You say that but my mate who works at sky says there has been a lot of people paying for this one.

British people love a domestic fight which is fine but anyone who knows boxing recognises this is a pointless fight.

There are bigger fights out there against other people but this is obviously a payday fight for both of them. I haven't seen the build up to this at all but if they have been slagging each other off again its laughable. I would be happier if they both told it how it was and just got on the with the fight instead of the usual shenanigans to sell more PPV buys.

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

So haye vs bellew 2. Be interesting to see how thia one turns out. Bellew has tried his hardest to get haye in a emotional state.

I think bellew wins on points ending ha Yes career. Cant think of two more unlikeablr boxers who are fighting one another. Bit despite me not liking haye I can't stand bellew. Such a annoying cretin.

Yes, but don't forget ? Tony's doing it for the wife and kids.;)

1 hour ago, AVFCDAN said:

British people love a domestic fight which is fine but anyone who knows boxing recognises this is a pointless fight.

There are bigger fights out there against other people but this is obviously a payday fight for both of them. I haven't seen the build up to this at all but if they have been slagging each other off again its laughable. I would be happier if they both told it how it was and just got on the with the fight instead of the usual shenanigans to sell more PPV buys.

I agree there is bigger fights but it's still a interesting fight. I think it will be a good fight this time round. I actually do think haye is looking for one more title run before finally hanging it up.

The build-up has been tame compared to first time.

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Yes, but don't forget ? Tony's doing it for the wife and kids.;)

Haha.

What's your prediction?

On 01/05/2018 at 16:57, Demitri_C said:

I agree there is bigger fights but it's still a interesting fight. I think it will be a good fight this time round. I actually do think haye is looking for one more title run before finally hanging it up.

The build-up has been tame compared to first time.

Haha.

What's your prediction?

If Haye doesn't win, then he may as well retire, because not only, like you, do I despise Bellew with a passion, l also think he's not as good a boxer as he thinks he is. So on that sentlment alone,  I really hope Haye destroys him.

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

That was hilarous best thing I've seen in ages at a boxing event.

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

If Haye doesn't win, then he may as well retire, because not only, like you, do I despise Bellew with a passion, l also think he's not as good a boxer as he thinks he is. So on that sentlment alone,  I really hope Haye destroys him.

Yeah i think he will retire if he loses tonight. I think haye will be a lot better than his last fight. He under estimated bellew.

This time he wont I'm 99.9% sure of it. Like you say bellew will try saying if he loses he already won. Not really if hate knocks him out within a couple rounds bellew wouldnt have won.

If haye knocks him out in 7th lets say then people will say bellew would have been knocked out last fight if hate didnt get injured.

I dont like haye but you have to respect what he did last fight he fought 6 rounds on one leg and showed a lot of heart. Not many people can do that.

I'm fairly confident Haye will win this time and it will be by knockout. Haye looks so much better than the first fight. I don't think it was just the injury that blew it for him first time around but his approach and training. He frankly looked like he didn't really train for the fight, expecting to just blast Bellew out of there. He was fat and it was as though his legs were made out of lead. This time around he's at least half a stone lighter and the footage I've seen of him indicates that he's lighter on his feet.

If Bellew does win it's because Haye is just completely shot. Bellew is a fairly shite boxer after all.

I thought Haye looked terrible in the public workout, looked flat footed and slow, Bellew looked lighter on his feet and showed that he is going to be looking to avoid rather than engage.

I'm not sure how well Haye can throw that right following the surgery, I'm going Bellew on points.

I hate the pair of them though so don't really care as long as one of them retires afterwards and there is more chance of Haye retiring than Bellew so I think I'd rather see Bellew win if I had to choose one.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I thought Haye looked terrible in the public workout, looked flat footed and slow, Bellew looked lighter on his feet and showed that he is going to be looking to avoid rather than engage.

I'm not sure how well Haye can throw that right following the surgery, I'm going Bellew on points.

I hate the pair of them though so don't really care as long as one of them retires afterwards and there is more chance of Haye retiring than Bellew so I think I'd rather see Bellew win if I had to choose one.

I'm not sure show much you watched Lee but he certianly looked a hell of a lot better than their first fight.bellew is in trouble tonight I think as he couldn't knock haye out on one leg what chance will he have if haye is at his light and fast speed best.

Could be a froch groves 2 style battering if haye shows up.

I do think as @Dr_Pangloss says haye was heavy and out of shape last fight and completely underestimated bellew. U doubt he will make that mistake again. 

Â