PL: Arsenal a Match Thread 2009/12/27 13:30

limpid

Referee is a word removed. We look poor, showed some good play for about 8 minutes and since then we have been on the back foot. Central midfield winning and controlling NOTHING. Nothing going down the wings becasue Young and Downing are being stopped by superior players, Gabby cant hold the ball up on his own as hard as he is working, Heskey is now doing nothing for me apart from tracking back...defence doing ok Warnock our best player despite his near cock up. Carew needs to come on, Ash Young and Downing need to SCREAM for the ball more. Defence need to stop hoofing it to there players and we need it out on the wings. We cannot out play then narrowly!!!

Hungover in Paris, can't watch it cos ze haven't got Canal+ Sport, can't listen due to broadcasting rights so this is my delayed commentary! Come on Villa, be happy with a point today...

Cant you watch a stream? Or have a minute by minute running?

I think we are playing quite well. Its weird, because our style suits Arsenal and Arsenal's style suits us. We are getting man back so well that we are frustrating the shit out of them, its individual mistakes that we need to watch out for.

Richard Dunne is playing out of his skin again. What a signing he has been. Of the Arsenal players, Diaby has impressed me the most. He looks very dangerous.

Hungover in Paris, can't watch it cos ze haven't got Canal+ Sport, can't listen due to broadcasting rights so this is my delayed commentary! Come on Villa, be happy with a point today...

Cant you watch a stream? Or have a minute by minute running?

I think we are playing quite well. Its weird, because our style suits Arsenal and Arsenal's style suits us. We are getting man back so well that we are frustrating the shit out of them, its individual mistakes that we need to watch out for.

Richard Dunne is playing out of his skin again. What a signing he has been. Of the Arsenal players, Diaby has impressed me the most. He looks very dangerous.

agreed, diaby does look impressive, but he always plays well against us, hes terrible usually. arsenal fans dont rate him.

Twatref is giving them **** everything

Very true indeed. Song should have been sent off for two yellows. He hasn't even got one!! Absolute shocker that is.....

They are looking dangerous but so far we are controlling them well. I am worried that we are beginning to sit far too deep though and that they are getting through the middle far too easily.

I would like to see another midfielder on for Heskey, or Carew on for him.

We need to step up our attacking play int he second half, whilst holding our shape and keeping up the defensive work. The lads have done well thus far, however all of the pressure they are putting on us will eventually be too much. The attacking players need to take that pressure off.

I thought our attacking play became obsolete as the half wore on. Hopefully the lads will realise they need to do more in the second half.

Arsenal haven't really threatened much considering all of the possession. We should by buoyed by that and I really think we could go on to nick this one. The lads really need to wake up a bit though. Good defending, however we need more if we want to win.

I would take a draw, yet I think Arsenal will score. This means we need to get out attack going at some point. Come on the Villa!!!!

any1 got a link to a forum where arsenal fans are watching the game? would love to see there take on the game.

something along the lines of "WE ARE DOMINATING"!!!!! L33T, bullshit. where playing excellent, open game.

Think we've been okay for the most part. Not happy with the refereeing. The amount of free kicks in dangerous areas they've been given when it isn't even a foul is simply not fair. I also think Song must have some sort of immunity to bookings. That pull back on Heskey was a certain yellow, then he makes another rash tackle and still nothing!

Doing well defensively, Warnock has been outstanding. They're only getting through with lucky bounces at th emoment, their pretty football isn't really getting anywhere. Just got to look more threatening ourselves.

Thought Ash is working really hard but he needs to deliver some magic.

For me the critical point is Milner in midfield, ever so slightly coming up short, he needs to take a hold of midfield, when Arsenal come forward they are playing tight passing through the middle.

Gabby needs to be a bit more confident, have a friggin go, working hard but have a go at them.

We can do this really think so but we have to shake Arsenal up, the longer this goes on like this the more confident they will feel they can nik it and they will, so we need to let fly at them.

I've been dissapointed really. We've defended brilliant, great signs...HOWEVER, recent weeks, we've moved the ball around well, yet when there seems to be an easy pass option, we're choosing longer balls into our strikers, instead of moving the ball around and just keeping it a little, take some pressure of the back 4.

If we play this way, might aswell put Carew on for Heskey.

heskey off, carew on. heskey hasnt done much wrong, but nothing right neither. i realy dont see all the fuss. carew is much better, heskey knocks the ball on and he just makes sure he does that, it doesnt matter where it ends up. we can win this. we really can.