PL: Arsenal a Match Thread 2009/12/27 13:30

limpid

would love a draw.

people have been underestimating arsenal's quality severely.

fabregas and walcott are world-class bench-warmers, despite the latter's poor form recently.

we'll need to play exceptionally well AGAIN to get a result, and I think it's unrealistic for us to expect that to keep 'going again' as the gaffer calls it.

I know they'll give it their best and if we get beat today (and for some reason I fear that our energies may catch up with us and arshavin may make a fool of our centre backs) and beaten soundly, I hope that those on here don't overreact to it.

remember we're AWAY at the team that are effectively second in the premier league, people.

beating united away, liverpool away and chelsea is as much as I'd dreamt of this season and we've done that already, so I won't be slating them, I can tell you.

despite all of that.......

COME OOOOOON VILLAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

From the BBC:

Nearly time to go at the Emirates. Villa won this fixture 2-0 last season, and a repeat today will see them go above the Gunners and Manchester United into second (until later anyway) - and become the first club since Leeds (1994/5) to beat the 'Big Four' in a single season.

I was unaware that there was a "Big Four" in 1994/95. If there was, Arsenal (decent top six side) and Chelsea (mid table also rans) certainly werent members of it. Its amazing how people think football was invented yesterday.