What was MON's biggest mistake?

Enda

What has been MON's biggest mistake?  

178 members have voted

1. 1. What has been MON's biggest mistake?

• Giving up in the UEFA Cup
    • Selling Gary Cahill
    • Not focusing enough on the cups in Years 1-3
    • Heskey/4-4-2/Last season's capitulation
    • Letting Mellberg go too easy
    • Carson/Harewood/Salifou/Routledge
    • Other (please specify)

I just find it very strange how some people 'support' this club, whatever floats your boat though U guess.

I find it strange how some can't seem to find any enjoyment from it. Even when we win and get fantastic results, there is always something that was wrong. Petrov didn't move 3 yards when he should have or NRC came on 2 minutes and 5 seconds too late.

4th in the league

Semi-final of the cup

Competition for every place

Making the nice steady progress that was always going to be needed.

Everyone makes mistakes. The question is do you learn from them?? And I believe he does. Hence the year on year improvement. (Obviously the better squad has helped to)

WTF is wrong with us........"worst player of the season" & "worst decision O Neill has made".....with us fourth in the league and on the back of a win over Manure........god help us if we lose tonight - there'll be mass suicide!!!
This. Saved me saying it.

What next for a thread?

"Randy Lerner's darkest secret?"... :?

WTF is wrong with us........"worst player of the season" & "worst decision O Neill has made".....with us fourth in the league and on the back of a win over Manure........god help us if we lose tonight - there'll be mass suicide!!!

What next for a thread?

This is called VillaTalk, a place to debate opinions isn't it?

It's not being negative at all, people are just discussing things to do with Villa on a slow VillaTalk, it's slow because were doing so well and need things to keep VT going ;)

Also by your reasoning, the next time we ever struggle or are in a bad position, then there shouldn't be any optomism on the board then?

Nothing negative about it, all the options are from previous seasons ;)
:nod:

I voted for "Giving up in Europe" simply because it really pissed me off at the time. The signing of Heskey didn't piss me off because at the time we really needed another striker. Maybe not Heskey but...

Anyway, all's well that ends well, eh?

I don't know why some people are even trying to have this discussion as it's impossible on here.

The premise of the thread doesn't really encourage balanced discussion though does it? Too negative for my liking.

I am a little perplexed given our current situation why anyone would want to only consider these perceived past negatives.

But whatever floats your boat.

What next for a thread?

This is called VillaTalk, a place to debate opinions isn't it?

It's not being negative at all, people are just discussing things to do with Villa on a slow VillaTalk, it's slow because were doing so well and need things to keep VT going ;)

Also by your reasoning, the next time we ever struggle or are in a bad position, then there shouldn't be any optomism on the board then?

If you don't think it's negative to start up a thread called "What was MON's biggest mistake [note past tense - has he left?]" and one called "Worst player of the season", in the week that we beat Man U at Old Trafford for the first time that most people posting on this board can ever remember, I would need to check what your definition of "negative" actually is. :lol:

I don't know why some people are even trying to have this discussion as it's impossible on here.
lol - is all the anti-negativity too much for some people? Don't tell me - it's impossible to have a level-headed debate with all the thought police around. You should have tried having one after the wiggin match without getting your head bitten off.

Â