• Stiyan Petrov
    • Steven Sidwell
    • Carlos Cuellar
    • John Carew
    • Emile Heskey
    • Nigel Reo-Coker
    • Habib Beye
    • Other

To run alongside the player of the year thread I thought we could run this to see the worst or players that have not performed this season so far.

I decided my top 3 (or bottom 3) would be

1: Petrov . I think our formation has not helped but has failed so far to repeat his form from last season .

2: Ash Young . It seems to me he is very hit and miss whenever i watch him play i mean his cross against man u was sublime but overall he has not had the consistancy.

3: Steve Sidwell . I went for sidwell in 3rd place although he is not in the team right now he has played enough games for me to believe he is simply not good enough ! .

1) Sidwell as you never notice him, he has a habit of going missing. He needs to influence the game more.

2) Carew as he is becoming far too lazy and not showing the quality of last season.

Can't really say Ashley Young, he's not as good as he's been in the past but he's been no-where near our worst player.

I do but a Villan is a Villan and they'll all get my support. There's nothing positive from knocking someone when they're down especially if it's in everyone's interest that they improve. Just my view on it. Which is why my posts on one player in particular have all but stopped.

It probably comes down to whether you believe the players read (or get to hear about) the stuff we write on here.

Personally I believe they almost certainly do.

Interesting .........................

Well then you would have to consider that not all players would take it the same i mean sidwell might look at this poll and think "right i will prove them wrong " and in doing so turn into a world beater !

It probably comes down to whether you believe the players read (or get to hear about) the stuff we write on here.

Personally I believe they almost certainly do.

Interesting .........................

Well then you would have to consider that not all players would take it the same i mean sidwell might look at this poll and think "right i will prove them wrong " and in doing so turn into a world beater !

Fair enough, maybe it depends on the player. But tbh I think most people would agree that popularity breeds confidence, and being unpopular is more likely to make a player want to leave the club.

If players are going to leave, let it be because we can sell them for more than they're worth. Knocking their popularity and hence their confidence will make this difficult (imo, of course).

For me it's nothing to do with whether they read or not. I'm sure some do, though I'd say most don't. I'd hope they have more important Villa-related things to be doing :) No, I just don't want to do it.

Hope Sidwell reads this and gets his act together! He obviously has ability and was given plenty of chances to play in the run on side this year, but unfortunately for him and Villa in a few games, he didn't take this opportunity. Seems to be a missed one now with Milner progressing to CM and Delph hopefully coming along on the training paddock...

I don't think anyone has been that bad really... Ash & Carew have been below par, Sidwell has been Sidwell, Beye has done ok when called upon.

Petrov and Cuellar have both been excellent for the most part.

Â