• Stiyan Petrov
    • Steven Sidwell
    • Carlos Cuellar
    • John Carew
    • Emile Heskey
    • Nigel Reo-Coker
    • Habib Beye
    • Other

and you know this for sure because .................?

It doesn't have to be 'for sure'. For me the possibility is enough. But hey people support their club in different ways. Some like to pick out the worst players.

4th in the league, semi final of the Carling Cup and Villa fans vote for the worst player so far this season, unbelievable.

Did you wake up in the morning and think that VT would magically change into a cosy, positive place or something? :D

Polls like this aren't very helpful especially if the players use it as banter in the dressing room. It certainly isn't a boost of confidence.

They're human?

I thin people are confusing "Worst" with "most disappointing" or "worst in comparison to their relative performances from last year"

How anyone could vote someone like Young as our worst player this season is beyond me.

The only one on that list worthy of that title is Sidwell, imo.

good point.

I'm still going with Big John though.

Sidders i did not expwect too much of. If anyhting, i'm surprised he's played so many games. He's been OK for me, kind of average, although we need better than that to get top 4.

BJ though. he surely has the quality. he's just not applying it, or working hard enough IMO.

Ash has been decent this season, without living up to his exploits of last term (which would have been very difficult indeed).

Polls like this aren't very helpful especially if the players use it as banter in the dressing room. It certainly isn't a boost of confidence.

They're human?

I am human?

Of course I don't know for sure, I'm not a player/staff member at the Villa. But I do believe it's quite common for players to read that type of stuff off in the dressing room/training ground/players lounge as a source of banter i.e look no futher than Zamora at Fulham. In any case, I don't think hounding out players is very beneficial to the club or the player in question, unless it makes them more determined to prove you wrong.

For me it's nothing to do with whether they read or not. I'm sure some do, though I'd say most don't. I'd hope they have more important Villa-related things to be doing :) No, I just don't want to do it.

Haven't really come across a fanbase yet, who, as a collective, wouldn't wish to criticize a member of their team. Players in the Premiership are more than well paid to be able to take a lttle criticism from their fans. I believe you find out the character of a player when he is criticized, either by the fans, or the manager. Fans also pay a lot of money into their respective club's and i believe therefore have the right to make their opinion heard on a player, especially, if he has talent in abundance, but through lazyness, or the wrong attitude, doesn't show it. Too much money and not enough work, could be aimed at some Premiership players, even, dare i say it, one, or two of our own.

Carew could unfortunately be described as one of the above. He can be absolutely immense in one game, actually, totally unplayable, then in the next game, just not fancy it and parade around the pitch, not wanting to have to shower after the game. Can't understand that attitude. It is a gift to be deemed good enough to be a Premiership player and play for your country, and it is a crime then, not to use those skills to the best of your abilities.

For the record, i voted for Sidwell, who unlike Carew, is in my opinion, just out of his depth in our team and has gone decidedly backwards, since leaving Reading.

Can't believe Heskey has nearly the same votes as Carew, Carew's started more games and put in less good performances, in fact the only decent performance he's put in was the game against Bolton and the appearance vs Blues, he scored vs Everton but then again after that did naff all. Heskey has put in 5 good performances in his last 5 games. Just shows how much people dislike Heskey really.

Reo-Coker - 7

Petrov - 7

Young - 5

Young and Petrov I don't think have exactly tore the place apart but haven't been bad, Petrov has been putting in his usually 6/7 out of 10 performances while Young's form been a little inconsistant although still won us points, Reo-Coker when he has played has impressed in most matches when given the chance?

Can't believe Heskey has nearly the same votes as Carew, Carew's started more games and put in less good performances, in fact the only decent performance he's put in was the game against Bolton and the appearance vs Blues,

I'd disagree. Thought he was very effective against Chelsea and don't think he was too bad against Spurs either. Not been at the top of his game though and agree with your other point about Heskey.

Â