• Stiyan Petrov
    • Steven Sidwell
    • Carlos Cuellar
    • John Carew
    • Emile Heskey
    • Nigel Reo-Coker
    • Habib Beye
    • Other

but then isn't it the same as voting for the best player so far?

Except that it's the exact opposite?

One is supporting the team and one isn't. I choose to support. Others can do what they want.

One is supporting the team and one isn't. I choose to support. Others can do what they want.

Careful now....he's a Scott Parker fan :-)

So do I? I've never shouted at players at a match or booe'd the players and would never do that. However this is VillaTalk, I've seen plenty of posts even probably from you saying "He hasn't been playing well this season"...does that mean these people aren't supporting the club?

No difference apart from this has a poll to be honest.

How is me saying Milner is the best player so far supporting the team? Neither poll is supporting the team.

As the original poster of this thread I just wanted to add a few things.

Firstly this thread was only started to get everyone's opinions and was not intended to offend any particular player , i agree that the word "worst" should have been "most disappointing" but unfortunatly it was to late to edit it .

I am curious to know of all the people who did not want to vote (which is perfectly fine), if they like myself engages in conversation regarding villa players , like how there playing and if they are playing well because thats all i was trying to chat about .

I too support the team whoever is picked , i have never boo'ed villa and i never will (even barry) .

Finally i apologise to anyone offended and UTV !!!!!!!!!!!!

oh and i did spell petrovs name wrong too ....... ;)

So do I? I've never shouted at players at a match or booe'd the players and would never do that. However this is VillaTalk, I've seen plenty of posts even probably from you saying "He hasn't been playing well this season"...does that mean these people aren't supporting the club?

But a poll such as this could be damaging couldn't it? At least to a players confidence anyway......how would Sidwell feel reading this?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the £20k + p/w wages make it just a little easier to bear but you only have to look at last weekend, Bobby Zamora scored and then proceeded to 'celebrate' by telling his own fans to shut up....allegedly as he had been trawling the forums and was frustrated with the comments about him.....who's to say the same doesn't happen on here?

But a poll such as this could be damaging couldn't it? At least to a players confidence anyway......how would Sidwell feel reading this?

I understand what you're saying, but then why stop at this poll? Why not say any none-positive comment towards a player could be damaging?

The poll title is somewhat misleading, nobody is saying he's been terrible or anything, I think this post from PatrickCousens sums it up.

Sidwell, though that says more about the rest of our team than him. He hasn't been bad, he just hasn't been good. Most other players who have had the opportunity this season have been.

It's not a knock on Sidwell, it's just praise for the rest of the team really.

I thin people are confusing "Worst" with "most disappointing" or "worst in comparison to their relative performances from last year"

How anyone could vote someone like Young as our worst player this season is beyond me.

The only one on that list worthy of that title is Sidwell, imo.

Â