General Chat

Stevo985

I killed my back yesterday, I was getting a book from the bottom of my book case and it went on me, as today is getting on the pain is getting slowly worse.

It's **** annoying I always injure myself doing stupid innocuous little things, I **** my shoulder up getting off the bus back in November and still struggle to play my guitar for more than 20 minutes before it starts hurting, I wish I could say something like "yeah I injured my back whilst wrestling an aligator" or something like that but nooooo I did it picking a **** book up

Back aids is bad kids

If you're still having pains from an injury you sustained 6 months ago it may be worth getting it checked out...

Anyone know the rules for having a garden bonfire?

Googling seems to suggest that in general it's not illegal in the UK, but maybe certain areas are (I live quite close to birmingham airport so I'm wondering if that would be a problem).

Anyone got any tips on the best way to do it if I'm allowed to?

Depends where you live. If you live in a town it might  be a clean air zone and you can't do it - live in the middle of nowhere its a-ok.

If its garden stuff your burning check that your council doesn't do a garden waste collection scheme. We pay £30 a year for a wheelie bin that they collect fortnightly that we fill with garden waste. Works really well. Especially when their billing system is such a complete farce they haven't a clue whose paid and who hasn't. We've had it free for 2 years. 

Anyone know the rules for having a garden bonfire?

Googling seems to suggest that in general it's not illegal in the UK, but maybe certain areas are (I live quite close to birmingham airport so I'm wondering if that would be a problem).

Anyone got any tips on the best way to do it if I'm allowed to?

Depends where you live. If you live in a town it might  be a clean air zone and you can't do it - live in the middle of nowhere its a-ok.

Also beware of smoke drifting over a highway and affecting visibility (Highways Act).

Otherwise, don't start one when your neighbour's just put their washing out to dry. ;)

The law says it only counts as a nuisance to a neighbour if it's persistent.

Seemingly you can do whatever the **** you like as long as you only do it once :)

I'm not near enough to a highway. But I do live close to the airport. In reality the fire wouldn't be anywhere near big enough to actually cause any problems, but that doesn't mean I don't fall within some sort of designated no smoke zone (if there is such a thing, I'm only speculating)

Seemingly you can do whatever the **** you like as long as you only do it once :)

I'm not near enough to a highway. But I do live close to the airport. In reality the fire wouldn't be anywhere near big enough to actually cause any problems, but that doesn't mean I don't fall within some sort of designated no smoke zone (if there is such a thing, I'm only speculating)

Stop being a wuss and just burn a bit of wood, god damn mother meeting in here.

yes plz

shall I bring my own stick?

Ah. Wasn't expecting you to say yes. This is awkward.

There's not really room. And I only have 3 chairs. So once Jono, Ginko and I have a seat, there won't really be anywhere to sit.

You understand though, right?

yes plz

shall I bring my own stick?

Ah. Wasn't expecting you to say yes. This is awkward.

There's not really room. And I only have 3 chairs. So once Jono, Ginko and I have a seat, there won't really be anywhere to sit.

You understand though, right?

I'll stand, no worries.

Shall I bring my own stick?

• Like 2

But neighbourliness would suggest that beginning one just as the neighbour's putting out their washing would be an arse of a thing to do. :)

I'm not near enough to a highway.

Don't you live on a road?

Edited by snowychap

But neighbourliness would suggest that beginning one just as the neighbour's putting out their washing would be an arse of a thing to do. :)

I'm not near enough to a highway.

Don't you live on a road?
For some reason I thought highway meant motorway... I'll blame the Americans.

Â