General Chat

Stevo985

I've been to both Vegas and Dubai. I can confirm that they're absolutely nothing like each other. Vegas is purely built for entertainment and, like Lapal put it, is a Disney for adults. Dubai reminds me of Canary Wharf and is equally shit and boring.
You can go dune safari , you can ride the wild wadi , you can go skiing , you can go up the tallest building in the world and you can of course just chill out in some fantastic hotels ... Yeah its a bit sterile and I wouldn't spend a fortnight there but I wouldn't call it boring either ... Same token I wouldn't spend a fortnight in Vegas either And having worked in canary wharf for 6 years I can confirm there are no water rides , sand dunes , camels or beaches in CW :) Ps....My Vegas comparison was more about a desert wasteland being built up and growing out of nothing ...Not a comparison of activities Edited by tonyh29

Yeah its a bit sterile and I wouldn't spend a fortnight there but I wouldn't call it boring either ... Same token I wouldn't spend a fortnight in Vegas either

Singapore in a nutshell.

Do you reckon you could beat a Komodo Dragon in a fight?

Posted Image

I went to Komodo in Aug... Those things are vicious buggers .... One of the rangers got bitten by one and was lucky to survive ... They basically bite something and then just follow it around for a couple of weeks until it dies

They are cold bloodied though so early morning they tend to just lie around in the sun warming up ... So if you do decide to pick a fight with one make it before breakfast

Barehanded. No funny business.

I would like to believe in a life or death scenario I would come out victorious but considering they have been known to take out almost anything in their environment and, I think, are venomous I would say….I die. Unless I go straight for the eyes, succeed, and snap it's neck. Thus creating a new hand bag, belt, and shoes to be sold to the highest bidder. But I probably die. 

• Like 1

Yeah its a bit sterile and I wouldn't spend a fortnight there but I wouldn't call it boring either ... Same token I wouldn't spend a fortnight in Vegas either

Singapore in a nutshell.

Yeah I don't mind Singapore either tbh .... It wasn't the most exciting place I've been but it wasn't boring either .. But you wouldn't spend a 2 week holiday there even if it was all at the 4 floors :)

Dragon-Komodo-Komodo-Indo-AR-535.jpg

I went to Komodo in Aug... Those things are vicious buggers .... One of the rangers got bitten by one and was lucky to survive ... They basically bite something and then just follow it around for a couple of weeks until it dies

I now have an image of this dragon hanging around outside the ranger's house for two weeks, following him to work...

• Like 1

Posted Image

I now have an image of this dragon hanging around outside the ranger's house for two weeks, following him to work...

:)

They spray painted the dragon so that he is easily identifiable , reckon its 2 strikes at a ranger and then a bullet to the back of the head

The baby dragons live in trees until they are 3 to avoid being eaten by other dragons , and the dragons also make decoy holes when laying their eggs... Cunning critters

They spray painted the dragon so that he is easily identifiable , reckon its 2 strikes at a ranger and then a bullet to the back of the head

What sort of a solution is that? I have no idea what it's like out there but if they've got rangers and tourists bothering them when they're trying to chillax in the sun then I'm not surprised they're biting people.

What sort of a solution is that? I have no idea what it's like out there but if they've got rangers and tourists bothering them when they're trying to chillax in the sun then I'm not surprised they're biting people.

This one had hidden away near an area where the rangers frequent ... And then sneaked up from behind ...suggesting it had made a conscious effort to bite the ranger ... Perhaps the paint job is just to make him easier to spot perhaps it is as I first posted that he is on his last chance ?

Tbf the dragons are wild and by and large left alone , there is a path you follow as you walk around the island but you don't go off chasing them , you either get lucky and see one or you don't

(There is another island park where the dragons are more tame for those tourists who just want to see a dragon without having to spend hours hiking around trying to get lucky )... Thankfully we got lucky and had some great proper wild encounters :)

Â