General Chat

Stevo985

yes

shame dr who was 50 and seemed to take up so much of the "and finally..." news last week, although I think the beeb did show the kennedys drama series again and id be surprised if JFK and / or 13 days wasn't on one night last week

the documentaries I watched on him weren't very good to be honest, not much cock on the block or deeply political stuff, none of them seemed very new either which surprised me, maybe I just missed it but id have thought they'd have done a 50 year special documentary on history or discovery

yes

shame dr who was 50 and seemed to take up so much of the "and finally..." news last week, although I think the beeb did show the kennedys drama series again and id be surprised if JFK and / or 13 days wasn't on one night last week

the documentaries I watched on him weren't very good to be honest, not much cock on the block or deeply political stuff, none of them seemed very new either which surprised me, maybe I just missed it but id have thought they'd have done a 50 year special documentary on history or discovery

most of them were old ones  but the "Lost Bullet"  was a 2012 film I'd not seen before where they revamped all the footage into HD and also used other sources rather than Zapruder's film

this aussie firm make realisitc bodies using some pretty high tech stuff so you can almost re-create exactly the effects of a bullet and the effect on a human

it kinda 99.9% showed that had JFK been shot from the Grassy knoll the bullet would have killed Jackie Kennedy as well  ... 

the HD footage even shows a person in the 6th floor window but not good enough for an ID

I always assumed more than one gunman but the evidence is now overwhelmingly in favour of a lone gunman ...modern technology has kinda killed the conspiracies dead  , which is a shame in a way

He finally realised that in order to truly be a misanthrope it means being antisocial online as well as in real life, so he's moved out of his house and is now living on Minworth roundabout as a hermit.

• Like 1

no nor me spent about 6 hours in the airport once and that was enough for me

I've slept at the airport, its like Mos Eisley Cantina 

• Like 1

Don't get the Dubai hate , been 3 times and will happily go a 4th 5th etc

Thing that let's it down is some decent coral reefs and a lack of decent snorkeling but other than that the sheer over the top ness of it is part if its appeal .. In much the same way Vegas is over the top

i wanted to turn the 6 hours in the airport into a couple of days there but the gf said no way, i think my agreement of that started when the 1st bloke walked past me on the plane bag in hand literally as the back wheels touched down on the tarmac! air hostess "what do you think you're doing?!" shrug of the shoulders "whats it look like"

by the time we took off again it had cemented my agreement, the old stereotypes of not queuing and rudeness abroad etc but some of it was shocking

"now calling rows 1-25" bloke in front of me shouting at the staff because he was row 40 something and demanding to get on, it really annoyed me

When NASA find a giant asteroid heading to earth and we all only have 3 days to live Vegas is where I'm heading .. If I'm going join Dino in extinction heaven im going out in a haze of bright lights , nuclear kamikaze's and as much clunge as my eyes can cope with

If Mrs H let's me go of course :)

Dubai is nothing like Vegas of course , I just couldn't think of a better example of excess as I wrote my post ...

I think Dubai would struggle to make it onto my 100 places to visit list and Malta is on that list!
Make it 2000000 places to visit and it could tie for last spot with Sheffield ? Edited by tonyh29

Â