General Chat

Stevo985

Going to Cosford air show in 30 minutes and I'm hung over to ****. Was really looking forward to it but not sure looking up all afternoon at the sun and really noisy planes is going to be ideal.

Have to say that if I hear hotel California I have to change radio stations

Probably a victim if its own success as much as anything and familiarity but God its a boring track

Only on VT.

stockvectorangryemotico.jpg

I think I'll go through my annual re-read of The Crow Road and Complicity again soon, bit of a reminder of why I loved his book so much.

I've still got loads of his scifi to work through - Hydrogen Sonata sits unread on my shelf still.

Was Fergus Urvill anywhere, still? Apart from the body - whatever was left of him physically, down there in that dark, cold pressure - was there anything else? Was his personality intact somehow, somewhere?
   I found that I couldn't believe that it was. Neither was dad's, neither was Rory's, nor Aunt Fiona's, nor Darren Watt's. There was no such continuation; it just didn't work that way, and there should even be a sort of relief in the comprehension that it didn't. We continue in our children, and in our works and in the memories of others; we continue in our dust and ash. To want more was not just childish, but cowardly, and somehow constipatory, too. Death was change; it led to new chances, new vacancies, new niches and opportunities; it was not all loss.

• Like 2

I still think The Bridge is one of the most wonderfully written and brilliantly deep novels i've read. I don't think i'll ever fully 'get it' but I think that's just part of it's charm.

• Like 1

I like the Bridge but I don't think it's as smart as it thinks it is. I still enjoy it, and it stands out in his straight fiction for being a less... straight story, really (he has a thing for variations on the bildungsroman, a number of his post Crow Road books feel too similar to that masterpiece), along with Transition, but I'm not sure how deep it really is.

For his non fiction, Complicity and the Crow Road will always stand apart. Complicity is a simple book but raw and angry and darkly humorous in all the right ways, a brilliant journey read. And the Crow Road is just a brilliant coming of age story. I read it at precisely the right time - I was the right age, at uni, having the year all students have where you start to wonder where things are heading and go a bit mental, and having trouble with women and that's all there in that book. A brilliant, brilliant book.

Even the adaptations of both are alright.

Bon Jovi are shit

This. Bon jovi will only sell tickets to those who listened to them back in the day. No exposure to a new younger fan base unlike take that who had both the older housewives and there daughters to take, bon jovi will just have men who liked living on a prayer.

And richie sambora is a terrible guitarist.

• Like 2

Â