General Chat

Stevo985

Just had a pigeon commit suicide on my office window. Scared the shit out of me and has left a rather fetching bloody smear as it slid down to the ground like Wile E. Coyote.

Yes a little bit, as this is an Aston Villa fan forum I would of thought the people who signed up would be Villa fans keen to discuss events currently happening at the club rather then everything except Aston Villa.

In my experience I've found a good proportion of Villa fans are incapable of discussing their teams fortunes, preferring instead to state their own hypotheses and then stick their fingers in their ears and shout lalalalala when people don't agree with them. I'd guess if there were actual discussions going on, more ot'ers might venture over there.

Yes a little bit, as this is an Aston Villa fan forum I would of thought the people who signed up would be Villa fans keen to discuss events currently happening at the club rather then everything except Aston Villa.

On Topic is usually dominated by the same handful of people, having the same arguments, with the same people, in every single thread.

Especially when things are going badly, it's basically a shit place to be.

I have noticed a lot of arguing in the Villa Talk section, but that should not deter anyone from doing what you initially signed up to do - discuss things happening at the club. You can simply ignore those posts by those who are on a wind up.

It's the same group of posters too. I swear they enjoy it. VT when we're crap is soul-destroying. So soul-destroying that we even had an off-topic thread called that under the McLeish glory-years.

Off topic is far more enjoyable, but I am suicidal enough to post 'On-Topic' from time to time.

Edited by islingtonclaret

I don't think there is a worse name in the planet than 'Keith'.

Generally speaking, K is a pretty shit letter.

:(

It's my middle name. Also the Boss' dog's name in Life and Times of Tim

I don't find it that disagreeable

So I want to read this book

41GQmpvUJ9L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

But I can't go into a bookshop and pick it up. I can't because publishers in the UK won't publish it thanks to those infamous libel laws (Scientologists are a rather litigious bunch). If I want it I have to order it from Amazon, which isn't too big a deal, but it is a rather appalling state of affairs when a rather respected writer can't get published in this country. .

So I want to read this book

41GQmpvUJ9L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

But I can't go into a bookshop and pick it up. I can't because publishers in the UK won't publish it thanks to those infamous libel laws (Scientologists are a rather litigious bunch). If I want it I have to order it from Amazon, which isn't too big a deal, but it is a rather appalling state of affairs when a rather respected writer can't get published in this country. .

Looks like a good book :) I'm really interested in learning more about the relatively fringe religions like Scientology.

Sunday night the guy from 3 doors down got stabbed and killed so the road was full of ambulances, riot vans and police cars. The police were still at the house this morning. Some argument that got completely out of hand really quickly. Sadly the guy has a teenage daughter who you hope wont have seen the incident but then cannot really imagine she didnt.

I have known the guy for nearly 10 years so its been a bit of a kick in the balls.

Â