General Chat

Stevo985

All of my mates have ruined themselves on either sambuca or tequila. I'm still 'good to go' on both of those But I can't touch apple cider. One word - Pwhelli.

Haven't been able to drink tequilla for about a year and a half now. I felt ill just watching my mate doing a slammer the other day.

I had such a sickener on tequila years ago. I used to be a barman and I couldn't serve it behind the bar as the smell turned my stomach afterwards. I even had a hard time cutting the lemons as I associated that smell with my night of horror on the slammers.

I've never been able to drink tequila. There's a lot of spirits that I can't drink because I've got battered from them before.

But with Tequila, it has always been a gag reflex when I drink it. Unless it's a slammer with the lemon andsalt, i can't drink even a shot of tequila without it coming straightback up.

Put it in redbull.

Everything is good with redbull.

Anything mixed with red bull gives me the worst hangovers. Last summer when I was in tunisia we drank vodka red bull and I didn't get that drunk. Took me half the day to force myself out of bed and go down and have something to eat, then it was straight back to bed again. Didn't vomit or anything, just knocked out for a whole day. Never again.

On the matter of destroying spirits by drinking too much I can only say Jack Daniels. Well, now I've realised that it destroyed itself as it's really shite, but when I was young I thought it was quite good and admittedly thought it was pretty cool to drink untill the day I got drunk on a bottle of it. Took me a long time before I could even look at it again. And then, of course, there's tequila. I always refuse whenever someone wants me to drink it.

I once had sambuca and put fire to it. Two shots and then I was in the toilet driving the porcelain bus. There was a ceremony around the whole thing but I don't know if it really affected me or if it was kind of a placebo. I got drunk anyway.

just knocked out for a whole day. Never again.

That's the only kind of hangover I get if I go mad :( Never headaches, never shakes, never sick, just absolute zero energy. Probably worse than a hangover as you're incapable of going to work so you've to plan carefully :lol:

just knocked out for a whole day. Never again.

That's the only kind of hangover I get if I go mad :( Never headaches, never shakes, never sick, just absolute zero energy. Probably worse than a hangover as you're incapable of going to work so you've to plan carefully :lol:

:lol: True. Luckily I only lost one day of my two weeks vacation. :P But I felt that same old feeling "never again". Well, it's been never again when it comes to red bull.

On drambuie (never had it flaming), I'm still quite proud of the fact in the first year, myself and a mate discovered it in one of our regular haunts, and managed to finish a whole bottle over the numerous nights out, the staff informed us it was only us drinking it :D

One of my prized possessions is a Miller High Life tap handle from a bar where I was the only one who drank it.

Just back from my first full (football) training session after a year out of the game with an MCL injury (operation). It felt good.

Your first session after a year out felt good? :suspect: Surely you should be absolutely fooked after it.

I just played my third game back after a good 18 months out (roughly coinciding with the missus getting ill) it felt much better today and the fitness is clearly starting to happen, had far more energy and didn't feel like I'd been through the ringer at the end of the game. Also noticeable was my improved passing etc (and agility between the sticks)

I just played my third game back after a good 18 months out (roughly coinciding with the missus getting ill) it felt much better today and the fitness is clearly starting to happen, had far more energy and didn't feel like I'd been through the ringer at the end of the game. Also noticeable was my improved passing etc (and agility between the sticks)

Fair play to ya, I sooo wish I was able to get out and have a game, but after snapping my ACL back last summer playing five a side it's not high on my list of things to do right now, getting it fixed however, is.

I can never understand my younger mates in their 20s and 30s not wanting to get out and play more, as when you're older and unable to through age or injury you're sure going to miss it.

Â