General Chat

Stevo985

I think I'd rather watch Villa losing to small heath than watch golf. OK, maybe not that, but you get the idea.

Only thing worse than golf on TV is golf on the radio.

As much as im a bit of a golf nut and love the sport, even not playing yourself do you not appreciate the amount of individual skill that goes into it Mike?

What dont you like about it? Have you never played?

Im not sure if is a bad or a good thing? I suppose it one less thing to worry about/piss you off/ruin your weekend.

It's a good thing that it doesnt worry me any more, but it does demonstrate a worrying lack of interest on my own behalf.

I think I'd rather watch Villa losing to small heath than watch golf. OK, maybe not that, but you get the idea.

As much as im a bit of a golf nut and love the sport, even not playing yourself do you not appreciate the amount of individual skill that goes into it Mike?

Played it? Hell no. A good walk spoiled as Mark Twain put it.

I DO appreciate the skill involved, and it IS at least a proper sport, unlike darts - but it just doesn't interest me at all.

Played it? Hell no. A good walk spoiled as Mark Twain put it.

I DO appreciate the skill involved, and it IS at least a proper sport, unlike darts - but it just doesn't interest me at all.

Thats fair enough.

That's basically how I feel about cricket. (I love golf btw)

I don't understand how cricket is so popular. Dull to watch, dull to play, dull to hear on the news, dull to hear people discussing.

The world's most boring sport.

IMO of course

That's basically how I feel about cricket. (I love golf btw)

I don't understand how cricket is so popular. Dull to watch, dull to play, dull to hear on the news, dull to hear people discussing.

The world's most boring sport.

IMO of course

Yep, cricket is the cat of the sporting world. Boring, dull and shite!

I know 3 people who this season who have said to me they no longer support aston villa. 2 have gone neutral and one has gone for arsenal :shock:

If my small sample of villa supporting friends is anything to go by, we are losing fans, and I am not talking about ones who dont want to go the ground, I am on about ones who dont support the club in any way anymore.

Me I will always support tthe club.

Changing clubs :mrgreen:

Is such a thing actually possible?

I can go as far as lapsed Villa fan but its still Villa fan at the end of the day. The idea of supporting another team is an alien concept

People who change teams were merely customers

Changing clubs is very common for teenagers. I am sure you remember at school (a long long time ago) how whoever was winning leagues would get the most supporters. I am sure everyone on here remembers the incredible increase in Chelsea fans around 2003. But to me it makes no sense. Pick a team when your 10 ish and stick with them through thick and thin.

Don't see a problem with that Hitz. I know a lot of people who's main team is a lower league club, and they have a Premier League team. It does sorta turn out that they care more about the PL team though, simply because it's easier to watch and follow them etc.

I've only ever supported Villa and that'll never change.

I think it's perfectly acceptable to support two teams when they're in different leagues, especially when one is your local team.

I was born into a strict villa supporting family. My older brother is the eldest grandson and he decided to support Liverpool. Me being the second grandson, I don't think they wanted to make the same mistake! Every other grandchild that's come after me is a strict villa fan too. Even if I wanted to support another club I know that I couldn't. I can't stop feeling miserable when villa lose and elated when we win, it's not a choice for me, it's just part of who I am.

That's not to say I don't like to see other teams do well. I would say I support Burton Albion too since they're my local team, but if ever Villa and Albion were to be in the same league then Villa will always take priority.

I can accept the fact that kids change their team, but anyone in their teens or older who does so is pretty shallow in my opinion.

Â