General Chat

Stevo985

Broke up with my mrs last night after being together for nearly 8 years.

Am now left with a £200,000 mortgage which we only arranged 4 months ago....and 2 cats (she's not having them).

Felt the need to vent that, ta.

Here's one of the cats helping the ex pack her bags ftw.

webct.jpg

Broke up with my mrs last night after being together for nearly 8 years.

Am now left with a £200,000 mortgage which we only arranged 4 months ago....and 2 cats (she's not having them).

Felt the need to vent that, ta.

Here's one of the cats helping the ex pack her bags ftw.

webct.jpg

Thats shit mate. Was it mutual?

Yeah pretty much. Decided that she needed to go out into the world on her own before really settling down, which is fine, because I did the same for a year. But I wish she'd have decided this before we bought a house. Now I've got to cover a mortgage that was a stretch for our combined wages, never mind me on my own.

Or try and sell it, which I dont want to do, because I love the house.

Sorry to hear that Shillzz. Does she not have to share the mortgage?

Cheers.

She does have her name on the mortgage, but I'm not really inclined to force her to pay for the house if she's no longer living there. She's happy to write off what she's already paid towards it, so it's kind of a mutually respectfull situation... at the moment.

But I wish she'd have decided this before we bought a house

Some people, often of the same persuasion, do tend to make pretty monumental decisions on little more than a whim with no thoughts for the consequences to others.

But I wish she'd have decided this before we bought a house

Some people, often of the same persuasion, do tend to make pretty monumental decisions on little more than a whim with no thoughts for the consequences to others.

Whim is most definitely the word.

Can fully appreciate her feelings, but i'm also pretty annoyed about the irresponsible manner in which she is happy to burden me with a massive house whilst she goes off to seek whatever makes her happy.

Not only is she leaving you, she's trying to take the cats aswel!?!? :evil:

Seriously tho, like Tam said, at least there are no little'uns, also you pocket whatever she pumped into the house...every cloud mate*.

*i realise your probably hurting and its never as easy as im making it sound.

Shillzz, my sympathies. Oddly enough I'd just been reading the 'things that cheer you up' thread and had forgotten I was looking in this one. I now can't get it out of my head that you're actually quite chuffed.

All that said, better for her to follow her heart now, than to stay and build up resentment over a few years and then leave. Better for both of you, despite the short term pain.

Looking forward, I'd get the agreement on the house in writing ASAP; she does have a legal claim and she could come back in a while say, wanting to buy a new place and therefore wanting her bit of the house, forcing you to maybe sell up. Best sort it out while you're amicable. And try to resist the temptation to screw her over; she'll end up bitter and you WILL feel a guilt that will never go away.

Oddly enough I'd just been reading the 'things that cheer you up' thread and had forgotten I was looking in this one. I now can't get it out of my head that you're actually quite chuffed.

:lol:

25(me)/24 mate.

Think it'll probably work out for the best in reality, as a relationship it just seems to have reached a natural end. I just need to find some way of paying the mortgage because I really don't fancy trying to sell my house in the current climate.

It's not the worst thing that's ever happened to anyone, and apologies for sympathy seeking, I've just not actually told anyone yet, so felt the need to vent a little bit of frustration.

Anyway, hope everyone else is having a better day than I.

Shillzz, my sympathies. Oddly enough I'd just been reading the 'things that cheer you up' thread and had forgotten I was looking in this one. I now can't get it out of my head that you're actually quite chuffed.

Haha, nothing like ending an 8 year relationship to kick off a Friday morning. :lol:

Edit: Sound advice though, should probably think about that kind of thing when my head's back on straight.

Proper shit Shillzz, sympathies. :(

I do have a suggestion regarding the cats if there's some dispute; let them choose. In turn with each cat, have a third party place an upturned laundry basket over them (an "isolation booth" if you will) whilst you both stand equidistant from each booth; when the cat is released, whomever it walks to first wins custody. Of course, what your ex won't know about is the two small slices of tuna fish you have cunningly taped to each calf, and the pieces of Go-Cat you've wedged between your toes.

Â