General Chat

Stevo985

Even if it is intentional, the fact it says your instead of you're really pisses me off. More so than the singing meerkat.

I don't think URL's can have apostrophes anyway can they?

The spec allows it (it's not allowed in DNS, though...)

However a lot of URL recognition regular expressions (such as the one on this forum) don't take it into account... ;)

Best to replace it with a %27, as in McHale%27s Navy

I'm going to The Hawk Conservancy Trust in Andover tomorrow for my missus' Summer work outing. I'm not an avid ornitholigist by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm really hoping I'll get to hold a bird of prey.

whattosee13.jpg

I was talking to one of my running club colleagues the other night. She and her husband had just come back from a holiday in Scotland and she was raving about all the different birds of prey they saw - fish eagles, Harris hawks, etc. [1]

I said I envied her ability to distinguish between these birds, as it's something I know very little about. She replied: "Oh, I used my iPhone. There's An App For It".

Fuxsake.

[1] For example. I made this bit up, as I can't remember the species quoted.

:lol: Wouldn't surprise me if Apple had gone round tattooing barcodes on birds so you could grab and scan them.

Scotland's amazing for that kind of thing though. I camped out (in before the "ghey!") with my Dad in Glenmore Forest Park when I was a kid, saw all manner of amazing wildlife. Would love to get back there at some point.

Will be in the dentist in about an hour, have spent the last day with the most excruciating pain I've experienced, so bad I've been unable to eat or sleep for the past day and a half.

Will be in the dentist in about an hour, have spent the last day with the most excruciating pain I've experienced, so bad I've been unable to eat or sleep for the past day and a half.

Good job you've got the tooth hurty appointment then.... I'll get my coat.

My Uncle works in Brazil, lives in the south of Spain and his dentist is in... Hungary.

That's a phenomenon happening over here too. There's something about Hungarian dentists (and their prices) - to the extent that Hungarian dentists are now setting up shop in Ireland to save us the travel and to ensure them the business. We've been getting ripped off for years. It's a national pasttime.

I think this dentist was Hungarian, sounded very similar to Hungarian chap I knew at uni.

The last time I had any major work done at the dentist, I had a tooth pulled. That time, it took 90mins, 3 people, and far too many different instruments, and eventually the 2 little Asian ladies just told me 'We can't pull it, we're going to drill out your jaw bone, is that ok?'.

I've had a **** wisdom tooth for a while that finally in the last 2 days or so started to hurt, to the point I was damn near crawling up the walls and punching inanimate objects out of sheer pain and frustration. Hungarian dentist spends 5 mins looking at it and the rest of my teeth, tells me 'It's coming out, it's of no use to you', swiftly puts in 3 injections and inside 15 mins has me sat there waiting for the bleeding to stop, I was in and out in 25 mins.

Â