General Chat

Stevo985

On that showing up on the bill thing. I once bought a NORMAL movie in a hotel one night and it came up on the bill as 'PPV entertainment' or something similarly ambiguous on the bill, to which yer one behind the counter gave me a 'knowing' smile and a wink. ****!

I had the same sort of problem; bought a PPV movie at a hotel, then when I got to reception my bill said I'd watched the Nicolas Cage Wicker Man remake. I wasn't having that, so I had to argue with the manager for 25 minutes to get them to put "Anal Breakers II: The Bloodening" back on there.

Oh yeah, y'gotta have principles.

I used to fish a lot, mainly carp fishing. Seriously ive got loads of stuff just sat there doing nothing. Baitrunners, rod pod, bite alarms, unhooking mat, 2.5lb test curve rods and loads of other stuff.

Never gets used, should really think about selling it.

I've never been fishing but I do like the idea of it. Sitting, doing nothing.. sounds like my kind of day
It is my kind of day, provided Charlotte Jackson is sitting in front of me telling me the exact same news hour after hour after hour.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII'MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUYYYYYY

FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNNNDDDDD!!!

1285450695150.jpg

psssst...... 'I'm not your buddy, friend.' 'I'm not your friend, guy'

*from an iceberg...*

I'm not your guy, budddyyyy

:lol:

buddy_guy.jpg

:notworthy: Awesome!!!!

Well, Brumerican wanted a religious argument...

13 July 2011

Austrian driver's religious headgear strains credulity

An Austrian atheist has won the right to be shown on his driving-licence photo wearing a pasta strainer as "religious headgear".

Niko Alm first applied for the licence three years ago after reading that headgear was allowed in official pictures only for confessional reasons.

Mr Alm said the sieve was a requirement of his religion, pastafarianism.

The Austrian authorities required him to obtain a doctor's certificate that he was "psychologically fit" to drive.

The idea came into Mr Alm's noodle three years ago as a way of making a serious, if ironic, point.

A self-confessed atheist, Mr Alm says he belongs to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a light-hearted faith whose members call themselves pastafarians.

A medical interview established the self-styled 'pastafarian' was mentally fit to drive The group's website states that "the only dogma allowed in the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the rejection of dogma".

In response to pressure for American schools to teach the Christian theory known as intelligent design, as an alternative to natural selection, the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster wrote to the Kansas School Board asking for the pastafarian version of intelligent design to be taught to schoolchildren, as an alternative to the Christian theory.

Straining credulity

In the same spirit, Mr Alm's pastafarian-style application for a driving licence was a response to the Austrian recognition of confessional headgear in official photographs.

The licence took three years to come through and, according to Mr Alm, he was asked to submit to a medical interview to check on his mental fitness to drive but - straining credulity - his efforts have finally paid off.

It is the police who issue driving licences in Austria, and they have duly issued a laminated card showing Mr Alm in his unorthodox item of religious headgear.

The next step, Mr Alm told the Austrian news agency APA, is to apply to the Austrian authorities for pastafarianism to become an officially recognised faith.

BBC

What I want to know is: why did he have to have psychological testing, while people who believe in talking snakes, virgin births and the like don't?

What I want to know is: why did he have to have psychological testing, while people who believe in talking snakes, virgin births and the like don't?

Simply put; because they've been doing it for aaaaages and it has become the norm :) Time is the only difference here.

Well, Brumerican wanted a religious argument...

Pastafarian driving license story etc .

You'll find no argument here ! That's quality .

I un-friended all my scientific/pholosophical/atheism fan pages on fb a while ago but I miss them so I'm getting them back . Dr Michio Kaku's feed was actually really good and I'm not sure why I stopped to be honest .

Â