General Chat

Stevo985

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

It’ll be a long time before there’s a better car name than the Mazda Friendee Bongo

Fiat Rusty Car. Sorry, Rustica... 

13 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The Toyota MR2 didn’t sell in France because MR2 said in France/with a French accent sounds like merde (that means shit in French)

Honda planned to use the name Fitta, and it was planned to be released in Japan under that name in 2001.Because Fitta in Scandinavian languages is slang for vagina, Honda instead used Jazz in most markets and Fit in the Americas.

It was quite close to start selling as well I recall :D

Dunno if it's true or a myth, but I've been told that 'zube' is a slang word for todger in Arabic. And the cough sweet company were damn close to marketing their product in the middle east with the slogan 'Go suck a Zube'. 

The Brits is so bad.

The audience all pissed and not paying any attention to the jokes from the presenters which all die a death. The sound and editing all awful.

I feel genuinely awkward watching it.

9 hours ago, Seat68 said:

Not even. 

Should have played the Jack Johnson CD

You'd be batting them off then. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Why are you watching it? :D

I genuinely don't get awards shows. I see why celebs go to get their gongs, but then being broadcast and getting millions of views for a series of dull speeches... Baffles me.

It's like a tedious work event that millions of people are attending without being paid.

Not really watching it, it’s on in the background whilst we’re planning a holiday. 

There is an argument that all awards shows are pointless, but I think that has been amplified in the last few years. They just seem to be box ticking events now. Fearful of any backlash of not being inclusive enough. 

• Like 2

I imagine with shows like the golden globes or the oscar’s the audience are at least watching what’s going on, and it isn’t edited together by 12 year olds.

The Brits seems to be hundreds of tables of industry people all pissed in their own little world. The real fans are pushed right to the outside of the arena so you hear these distance cheers and screams when something happens. Very weird, and very amateurish. I feel a bit sorry for the show presenters and award giver-outlets as they look like they are dieing on their feet.

Edited by Genie

Genuinely had no idea that the brits were on.

I never watch them, but usually I’m at least aware that they’re on. Not seen any marketing whatsoever. I guess it’s once again an itv thing and I can’t think of anything they show I might consider watching. That’s been the case for years, but maybe it’s even more so now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Funnily enough, my main reference point to the brits now is an ill fated thread on here (before my time but have looked through it).

That was a gem, good old Laura never came back after that :lol: 

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

It certainly went bad rather quickly. It’s an interesting read (both there and the fall out in other threads), in a car crash kinda way. 

Shame, because it would be nice if there were more women around here.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Genie said:

A discussion on music on VT is never going to end well! :D 

• Haha 1

Â