General Chat

Stevo985

22 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's not him. He was sometimes on the claret and blue podcast. Good looking lad, a Villa fan who once commented on the podcast that he was "living the dream," in regards to his job. I just wondered what had become of him on account of him being replaced as the correspondent for Villa games.

The Hickman name was tongue in cheek as he was around in the 70s and 80s!

55 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I know. It just didn't pass my sense of humour bar. Nothing personal. 

Yeah, you probably don't want to go in the funny pictures thread then. 

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

That's the one. I would never have remembered that name. Thanks, Brother. I don't suppose you know what he's currently doing, or if he is still at the BM.

Looking at his twitter feed, his final day there was just before Christmas

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Looking at his twitter feed, his final day there was just before Christmas

Strange that, especially when you think of how privileged he felt in having such a job. He always came across as a genuinely decent fella too.

Just read Ashley Preece's farewell piece in the BM. Decided to prioritize his parenting duties, can't fault him for that. He certainly enjoyed those 4 years reporting on all things Villa. Good look to him, a thoroughly decent man.

I've just been on holiday extras to see how much airport parking would be for Birmingham airport. I meant to put in 20/03/2024 until 29/03/2024 but accidentally entered 29/03/2025 as the return date. Anyway it came up for car park 1 (closest to terminal/usually the most expensive) as 0.00 cost. I thought I'll chance my arm and see if this processes. It wouldn't as I assume because there was no charge. So I then pressed the 99p to be sent a SMS text confirmation and then made the payment using a voucher I have for an old refund. The payment went through and I have received email confirmation with a booking reference and also a text confirmation. Anyone think I am likely to have problems if I rocked up to the car park? Had the parking been over 60 quid I'd have just got a taxi. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 3
  • Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I've just been on holiday extras to see how much airport parking would be for Birmingham airport. I meant to put in 20/03/2024 until 29/03/2024 but accidentally entered 29/03/2025 as the return date. Anyway it came up for car park 1 (closest to terminal/usually the most expensive) as 0.00 cost. I thought I'll chance my arm and see if this processes. It wouldn't as I assume because there was no charge. So I then pressed the 99p to be sent a SMS text confirmation and then made the payment using a voucher I have for an old refund. The payment went through and I have revived email confirmation with a booking reference and also a text confirmation. Anyone think I am likely to have problems if I rocked up to the car park? Had the parking been over 60 quid I'd have just got a taxi. 

I might look at this, I need parking in the summer…

edit: It’s £2.5k for the dates I need :D 

Edited by Genie
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I might look at this, I need parking in the summer…

edit: It’s £2.5k for the dates I need :D 

Mad thing is I have been into my booking and had a look just to see if I changed car park and it comes up at 1.5k to park in an airparks but other on airport parking (car parks 2 and 3) also come up as zero. Did you put in to stay for over a year?

1 minute ago, markavfc40 said:

Mad thing is I have been into my booking and had a look just to see if I changed car park and it comes up at 1.5k to park in an airparks but other on airport parking (car parks 2 and 3) also come up as zero. Did you put in to stay for over a year?

Yeah, July till July 2025. Was it app or website?

8 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Website.

Just tried it, and it worked 😮 

Not sure I’m brave enough to try it though.

If I get to the barrier and they click it they might not let me out unless I pay the £500+ bill 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

@markavfc40 you can be the guinea pig, if it works in March let me know :D 

In theory the barriers are automated and will just lift up when they read the registration.

Unless they get in touch before I think I will give it a go. Obviously it will let me in and if there is a problem when I leave I have the email and text confirmations and it is also showing on my app account with them. 

For the sake of the 99p sms cost (you have to pay something otherwise it won't go through) I'd make your booking and then providing I get nothing before hand I'll let you know how I get on in March. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Unless they get in touch before I think I will give it a go. Obviously it will let me in and if there is a problem when I leave I have the email and text confirmations and it is also showing on my app account with them. 

For the sake of the 99p sms cost (you have to pay something otherwise it won't go through) I'd make your booking and then providing I get nothing before hand I'll let you know how I get on in March. 

Cheers mate, I’m all booked up already 😀

I had looked previously but prices this year are much higher than previous years. 

• Like 1

Long shot -> are there any dentists on here? I have a question relating to something the dentist has said about my daughters teeth and I was looking for a second opinion 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Long shot -> are there any dentists on here? I have a question relating to something the dentist has said about my daughters teeth and I was looking for a second opinion 

Given the right tools, yeah I am a dentist. (Results may vary)

• Haha 4

Â