General Chat

Stevo985

42 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has anyone see the video of that ice hockey player that sadly lost his life? I wont upload as its quite graphic. What the hell is the other player doing that is absolutely reckless? Its like he has drop kicked him in the neck

So sad 😔

Nah he trips over. It's just a freak accident.

Saw a similar thing happen a few years back in the NHL (I think). Luckily that player survived but it's terrifying

Using my wife’s new car to drive to Alton towers for work, allowing her to use our bigger car to take the kids to safari park seemed like a great idea, until I hit the worlds biggest pot hole and burst a tyre.  Two hour wait in a farmers farm entrance (kw) for me, towed to Stafford, the home.  It’s absolutely pissing down and I probably won’t be home now until gone 9pm.

oh well :)

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Using my wife’s new car to drive to Alton towers for work, allowing her to use our bigger car to take the kids to safari park seemed like a great idea, until I hit the worlds biggest pot hole and burst a tyre.  Two hour wait in a farmers farm entrance (kw) for me, towed to Stafford, the home.  It’s absolutely pissing down and I probably won’t be home now until gone 9pm.

See all I'm seeing is a numpty confessing to not being able to change a tyre :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

See all I'm seeing is a numpty confessing to not being able to change a tyre :D 

I would, if the car HAD one.

and the puncture repair is pretty useless as theres a whacking great hole in the bastard thing 😂

• Like 1

Just now, lapal_fan said:

I would, if the car HAD one.

and the puncture repair is pretty useless as theres a whacking great hole in the bastard thing 😂

I'm also seeing a numpty confess to not being able to see "the worlds biggest pothole" before he hits it :D

If your car doesn't come with a spare tyre, buy one :P 

1 minute ago, bickster said:

I'm also seeing a numpty confess to not being able to see "the worlds biggest pothole" before he hits it :D

If your car doesn't come with a spare tyre, buy one :P 

Fiat 500s aren’t big enough 😭

luckily I was doing 40 in a 60 because it could have been much worse.

oh well, shit happens.

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Fiat 500s aren’t big enough 😭

luckily I was doing 40 in a 60 because it could have been much worse.

oh well, shit happens.

Can't you just fashion the gimp suit in the boot into a tyre to get you to the nearest Kwik Fit?

• Haha 1

Just now, bickster said:

Can't you just fashion the gimp suit in the boot into a tyre to get you to the nearest Kwik Fit?

You might be onto something there.  But, I’m in her car, not mine, and I didn’t transfer it 😩

I need Hannibal from the A Team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I was at a work meeting at Alton Towers a few weeks back. The roads in the near vicinity of the park were terrible. Needed a dune buggy to negotiate the pot holes! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

See, for me, that would be the best possible fix I'd be capable of. 

I will be drilling, bolting and applying brackets. It's a bodge to enable it to have a fighting chance with the MOT. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Cars that dont have a spare tyre are bonkers imo. I only realised it was a thing when a hire car in America got a flat. Not a fan of the space savers either.

Yeah, when I buy a new car it's my final negotiation. Throw in the spare wheel and you've got a deal. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, when I buy a new car it's my final negotiation. Throw in the spare wheel and you've got a deal. 

Plus floor mats and mud flaps?! :)

Just now, foreveryoung said:

Cars don't have spare wheels now, to save weight which saves fuel, which saves the planet, so it's the save the planet types fault.

Cars don't have spare wheels because the government relaxed the MOT rules to improve profitability. It started off with the space saver then went fully nutty with a can of tyre weld, which half the time means the tyre isn’t repairable if it’s the cheap stuff (which it absolutely usually is.)

They might use the weight argument as a justification but you’d save more fuel by only running the car on a quarter of a tank or never carrying any passengers

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

Cars don't have spare wheels because the government relaxed the MOT rules to improve profitability. It started off with the space saver then went fully nutty with a can of tyre weld, which half the time means the tyre isn’t repairable if it’s the cheap stuff (which it absolutely usually is.)

They might use the weight argument as a justification but you’d save more fuel by only running the car on a quarter of a tank or never carrying any passengers

I thought it was, relax the MOT rules on spare wheels, so cars could travel without them. Less weight less Co2, same with eco tyres, saving is tiny I know, but times it by the amount of cars, thats probably pretty significant.

3 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Cars that dont have a spare tyre are bonkers imo. I only realised it was a thing when a hire car in America got a flat. Not a fan of the space savers either.

Weight saving to get a few more tenths of mpg and gain a bit of CO2. It’s absolutely fine, until it’s not.

Â