General Chat

Stevo985

Today im officially closer to 30 than i am 20 now! :(

I went through this last year, i.e. I turned 25.

I genuinely had a bit of a hard time with it. Might sound weird, especially to the older VTers, but it really bothered me.

Today im officially closer to 30 than i am 20 now! :(

I went through this last year, i.e. I turned 25.

I genuinely had a bit of a hard time with it. Might sound weird, especially to the older VTers, but it really bothered me.

Mid twenties is a weird age, or at least it was for me because its the time in your life when you realise you really aren't a kid any more and you cant even lie to yourself about it. If you look closely enough the two biggest groups of people who go out of their way to tell you their age are people over 75 because they want to be impressed that they have managed to last so long and people in their early to mid 20s because they are desperately trying to cling on to those few years of life when they dont have any kind of responsibilities whatsoever.

I felt old going out on Broad Street when I was 25 because I was surrounded by 17 year olds I had nothing in common with. A year or so later and my mates who I had enjoyed all kinds of crazy antics with during my youth started getting mortgages, getting married and having kids. A year after that and I found I had done pretty much the same thing. I felt positively ancient by the time I was 28 and I realised I had outlived Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain. When I was 29 I spent so much time worrying about turning 30 I found that by the time I actually reached 30 I didnt give a **** any more. I'm 32 now and I have realised that age really is just a number.

Apologies Rob.

Ingram, I got over it by doing some bird with massive tits up the wrong 'un.

Odd, that's exactly how I got over it.....small world.

Honestly though, I can't get upset about being older. I love it. I am actually excited to be escaping my twenties soon! I also didn't feel that the mid-twenties were when I was clinging on to no responsibility....but that could be because I had a job by the time I was 16 and moved out when I turned 18. It did feel a bit odd when everyone around me got married and had kids at the same time, but that had nothing to do with age. I just thought it was strange that everyone did the same thing while I just sort of existed.

I also might not have a problem with getting older because I loooooooooooove my birthday

I almost started a new thread on this one because I felt it was so important, however in the end I decided to post it in here so consider yourself very lucky if you are reading this:

I just went to the newsagents to buy something for lunch later. I got an egg & cress sandwich, a bottle of lemonade and a packet of salt'n'vinegar square crisps. When I came to pay for my items the bill was about £2.60, but the helpful guy behind the counter informed me that the square crisps were on special offer and two packets were available for £1.

I somewhat disinterestedly said "oh, okay" and handed over £2.60 and he reminded me again that the square crisps were on special offer and two packets were available for £1.

It was at this point where I decided to look just how much one packet of crisps was (because lets be honest, who looks at the prices when you are buying pop & crisps?) and I noticed that a single packet was 54p. So I could buy a second packet and instead of spending £1.08 I would only be spending £1! I am kicking myself for not taking him up on this offer because it is clearly amazing and I should really make a post about it on hotukdeals or somewhere.

Anyway, if you would like to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity you should head to:

Melcombe News,

Melcombe Place,

Westminster,

London,

NW1 6JJ.

(Nearest tube stations are Marylebone and Baker Street. Nearest overground is Marylebone.)

If you do take it up then you dont need to send me any money or anything, I am not on commission, you dont even need to send me any thanks. I am just glad I can help out some fellow forumites in these times of financial hardship. :)

I call BS.

Bearing in mind the crisps were 54p, that means you got a sandwich and a drink for a combined £2.06. In London? Never! :P

In Westminster too!

The sandwich was £1.09 btw. I'd take a picture of the wrapper but I have eaten the sandwich and thrown the wrapper away.

Get your arse over to Melcombe News. It's the best shop in all of London!

I almost started a new thread on this one because I felt it was so important, however in the end I decided to post it in here so consider yourself very lucky if you are reading this:

I just went to the newsagents to buy something for lunch later. I got an egg & cress sandwich, a bottle of lemonade and a packet of salt'n'vinegar square crisps. When I came to pay for my items the bill was about £2.60, but the helpful guy behind the counter informed me that the square crisps were on special offer and two packets were available for £1.

I somewhat disinterestedly said "oh, okay" and handed over £2.60 and he reminded me again that the square crisps were on special offer and two packets were available for £1.

It was at this point where I decided to look just how much one packet of crisps was (because lets be honest, who looks at the prices when you are buying pop & crisps?) and I noticed that a single packet was 54p. So I could buy a second packet and instead of spending £1.08 I would only be spending £1! I am kicking myself for not taking him up on this offer because it is clearly amazing and I should really make a post about it on hotukdeals or somewhere.

Anyway, if you would like to take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity you should head to:

Melcombe News,

Melcombe Place,

Westminster,

London,

NW1 6JJ.

(Nearest tube stations are Marylebone and Baker Street. Nearest overground is Marylebone.)

If you do take it up then you dont need to send me any money or anything, I am not on commission, you dont even need to send me any thanks. I am just glad I can help out some fellow forumites in these times of financial hardship. :)

Wait it's between Marylebone and Baker St and I didn't notice this place? Curses! Where am I going to get such an amazing offer on squares now :cry:

Â