General Chat

Stevo985

Well, this Sunday I wasn't sick which was a surprise and a half. I usually get two day hangovers and Monday is usually the worst which is weird.

A good ole puke sorts the mess out and makes you feel a lot better. Although, I have had those hangovers were you can't keep anything in your stomach, not even water and are constantly sick. That sucks. :(

I actually prefer to. If I don't, I generally feel a lot worse in the morning.

You do know it's because you've over-consumed and it's getting rid of undigested alcohol that you've paid for. In other words, know your limits ya wimp :P Vomiting shouldn't really be the preferable option.

I've been watching crime stories, late night/early morning and some of them are on cases about people who have been in jail for around 15 years while evidence shows that there is huge doubt whether they should be there. Quite sad really, possibly innocent people losing their lives because of shady police work, police just wanting to convict who they think rather than what the evidence shows.

No mate, I'll keep an eye out for that.

He's not grumpy or crying, just wakes up happy as you like and wants to bite (and dribble) over everything. Calpol seems to work well but only seems to get him through half of the night.

Anyone fancy walking from JOG to Lands End? That's about 1347 miles.
Oooh yes! One of my few remaining ambitions. Hoping to do it when I retire. Should take a couple of months at 20 miles a day.

Walking's great, second only to running.

I once attempted to walk home from a house party in Leeds (I was living in Leeds also, I don't mean I walked to Brum!)

Anyway, the distance between their house and mine was 2 miles tops.

But I was so drunk I couldn't remember the (very straightforward) way. I walked for hours. Went via headingley station (nowhere near either house), tried to climb over a fence there and failed, ripping my jeans in the process.

I finally got home at half 8 in the morning. My mates reckon I left the party no later than 3

We had this conversation back on page 450:

What's the furthest anyone has walked home? 11 miles is mine, when I was hammered after a night out. I walked along an A-road, and it took me (incredibly) 2 hrs 45 minutes.
I once set off in the small hours - very drunk - from a party in Keighley, to walk home to Headingley (Leeds); at least 15 miles, probably twice that, the way I was weaving.

After walking for some unknown time, it dawned on me it was going to be a long walk, so I flagged down a taxi. I pulled out the small amount of cash in my pocket and said "Take me towards Leeds until that runs out".

He was really good, and took me well beyond the point the clock ran out, dropped me within a couple of miles from home - which I staggered comfortably.

That's 11 miles in one go. I did walk more than that back from Worcester but it was in two parts I think. And I've done a couple of drunken staggers since then :)

I do want to walk from John O'groats to Lands End though, I might do that when I retire. Can't afford to take the holiday off!

No mate, I'll keep an eye out for that.

He's not grumpy or crying, just wakes up happy as you like and wants to bite (and dribble) over everything. Calpol seems to work well but only seems to get him through half of the night.

still there as well. my lad is 13 months now, probably got about half his teeth. We generally go with, get him out of bed, give him some calpol, sit in a darkened room with some late night cartoons on. He'll pretty much stop crying straight away, give him half an hour for the calpol to kick in. Dont really want him to get used to the cartoon thing but he'll scream for 4-5 hours if not. When hes not teething he sleeps really well, slept til about half 7 this morning.

Â