General Chat

Stevo985

Got my W-2 today, filed my federal tax return (waiting on a 1099-HC from my health insurer so I can prove to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts that I was insured for 2010) and should get about a grand more than I was expecting as a refund.

:thumb:

Right. Just back from a few pints with friends of mine. I need some objective advice. My friend is great craic and I get on with him very well. He has a girlfriend for four years and she is alright. She makes him pay for all her drinks. Tonight she had 2 cosmopolitans at €8.50 each, 4 vodka and cokes at I'll guess €5 each. She gets really upset if she's ignored at the table, but then when I try to talk to her she gets very ignorant and almost ignores me. My friend isn't allowed to discuss anything fun at all in her company and it's really annoying. My first meeting with her was that she wanted chicken wings, but didn't have any money, but it was alright because her bf would pay for it all.

She really isn't that pretty and my friend could do better. Am I wrong? Do I want to go out with my friend?

No, you just want what's best for your friend. I think the best way is either to talk to your mate or kill the girlfriend. Second is far more direct and quicker.

Sort of reminds me of my Dad and her GF, I don't know in's and out's but just from outside viewing, it's annoying. The 50/50 own a hotel money wise, yet he does EVERYTHING, cooks, cleans, signs guests in, accounts, he must do about 98/99% of the works, as well as doing her accounts for her business. I really want to say 'Why the **** do you do everything'....but I haven't got the bottle. I think they've just bought a house though and she paid for it? well I think so anyway, I don't know.

I just looked at the thermometer and it's 3 degrees Fahrenheit (-16 Celsius, IINM) outside.

I don't have the heat running and didn't realize it was that cold, and I'm just posting to VT with most of the skin on my body exposed.

necurtemp720x486.jpg

Of course now that I know it's cold out there, I do feel cold.

It's now 8 below (-22 for you)... I've decided to turn on the heat.

Someone was talking about performing horses that danced in my office yesterday - dunno why either. I enquired, are they called "Neigh-L-S?" to raucous laughter.

Very proud of that one.

Nah, just did my normal "Pun face" in other words I sat staring stonily at them until they got it. My puns are too obscure sometimes. Apart from my Formula 1 puns, they aren't sutil at all.

Â