General Chat

Stevo985

Off to an open day for a job tomorrow. Bar work. Having an open day just seems bizarre, especially as the open day is at a completely different pub.

Oh well. How hard can it be?

Good luck with that - I'd never have hired a graduate for a barman's job. Good barmen are born not made.

I've been to see a couple. The one was total bollocks, I didn't have a clue what it was going to be like and it turned out to be a bit cult-like, with loads of churchy typed sitting there taking in all this bulldhit about Jesus being a saviour. Was a complete joke, at one point they asked us to shut our eyes and look into the light as they played 'You Lift Me Up' in pan pipes, I kid you not I almost exploded with laughter. I could sense the gf about to piss herself, it was all I could do not to run out the place laughing.

The other one I went to was good though. She wasn't throwing any names out and we didn't give her any information, but she told us a lot of stuff that was going on in our lives and told us a lot about family that had passed on. It was dead, dead spooky.

Normally wouldn't bother with this sort of thing, but there was a lot of unexplained stuff going on in our house at the time, so we were curious.

Was checking University of Manchester's entry requirements for a post graduate taught course(MSc) for Environmental Science and saw "Applicants should have a good first degree (minimum 2:1 or equivalent)". Now I have not the slightest idea what "2:1" means , being a non native.

Can someone explain please?

Well, I guess we'll see if I was born a barman tomorrow. I reckon I'd take to it fairly well.

I don't think I'll be playing up the graduate status. If anything, I'll be playing it down/ignoring it.

excellent job pitch

you may wish to take some job interview style tips from this guy

I'd like to take this opportunity to say. What a clearing in the woods.

Yeah its a huge %

I made the mistake of thinking a 1st would be a's all the way through, a 2:1 b's a desmond c's etc

But a 2:1 is more or less anything from a high b down to a middle c at my uni

I am familiar with three systems of grading

1) 4 point GPA scale(used in the US)

2) A 10 point cumulative GPA scale

3) A straightforward "percentage" system , where your overall marks in all the courses is totalled and divided by the total available marks in those courses , multiplied by 100.

I don't understand your system :|

I have to decide which universities to apply but I have yet to figure out the system.

Was checking University of Manchester's entry requirements for a post graduate taught course(MSc) for Environmental Science and saw "Applicants should have a good first degree (minimum 2:1 or equivalent)". Now I have not the slightest idea what "2:1" means , being a non native.

Can someone explain please?

You're in India, aren't you?

It might be worth looking at this page.

What a crap day today has been.

Had an awful nights sleep, leaving me knackered and irritable, then up early to go to this job vacancy open day. Turn up at the pub, at the time for the open day, it's shut. Hang around for a couple of minutes hoping they're just running late, nothing.

No problem, head to the other location for this open day. Thats being done up, builders everywhere and closed to the public. Ok, head across the road for the third location mentioned in the vacancy, a church centre thing. Shut.

I pride myself on always being punctual and I was at each of these locations at the times advertised. Nothing. Arseholes.

Â