General Chat

Stevo985

15 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Wow, did you just lump Dylan in with James Bay and Bon Iver? In their wet dreams maybe!

Love, loath, or tolerate him, Dylan is a bona fide music great.  

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I thought I'd let somebody else say it. 

you could say he's This years Dylan , Mike :) 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

unless its the wifes car, which its law that i also pick the tunes in (she still listens to spice girls, back street boys and five)

17 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Sounds like a good time. No really, in the car with other people I'd much rather listen to something like that than Ulver as much as I love them. Can't really sing along to a meticulous 9 minute instrumental.

It's very much the hard work of a 10 minute sound scape in my car. Preferably whilst cruising over the Westway in the dark looking at all the pretty lights and pretending I'm in the sequel to Drive.

But yeah, wife's car is a bit more Elton John's greatest hits. I find myself saying 'yeah, this one is ok actually......yeah and this one......yeah and I do actually like this one....'

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

unless its the wifes car, which its law that i also pick the tunes in (she still listens to spice girls, back street boys and five)

Has anyone else had the experience recently of browsing through the FM range (can never remember to charge my mp3 player) and hearing a song you absolutely despised 15 years ago, and now you find yourself pausing on that one because everything else sounds shitter? 

I'm so aware that this is 'being old'. 

2 hours ago, Xann said:

FM is better quality than much of the DAB output.

Vinly is better quality than MP3 ... A book is better than a kindle but DAB is still the way over FM ( no argument was put forward about quality :P)

3 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

It's very much the hard work of a 10 minute sound scape in my car. Preferably whilst cruising over the Westway in the dark looking at all the pretty lights and pretending I'm in the sequel to Drive.

But yeah, wife's car is a bit more Elton John's greatest hits. I find myself saying 'yeah, this one is ok actually......yeah and this one......yeah and I do actually like this one....'

i dont mind a bit of elton. saturdays night alright for fighting :thumb:

Edited by Rugeley Villa

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Vinly is better quality than MP3 ... A book is better than a kindle but DAB is still the way over FM ( no argument was put forward about quality :P)

:D

Could proper bore you to death on the first and third subjects, but I'm going to put on a tune instead. On a lossless format, obviously.

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Has anyone else had the experience recently of browsing through the FM range

"browsing through the FM range" is something I can honestly say I've never done.

• Like 1

Â