General Chat

Stevo985

I'm maybe over simplifying but.... Kinetic Energy lost = Work done = Force x distance

so  0.5 x m x v2 = F x d      re-jig that and you to isolate m and you should have your answer!?! :unsure:

It does give the answer, it's a shorter way of getting the answer I got :)

The numbers in the question seem to be very off for the situation, so perhaps 8.96-18g is correct?

I'm maybe over simplifying but.... Kinetic Energy lost = Work done = Force x distance

so  0.5 x m x v2 = F x d      re-jig that and you to isolate m and you should have your answer!?! :unsure:

The numbers in the question seem to be very off for the situation, so perhaps 8.96-18g is correct?

Well my answer is low but not that low. I make it to be about 1.5 grams working on the basis that;

F = 5530 N

d = 0.042 m

v ~ 556 m/s

I think the difference comes from the way of calculating the velocity. 2000kph is 2000000 metres per hour so then divide that by 3600 (the number of seconds in an hour) to get m/s.

Well my answer is low but not that low. I make it to be about 1.5 grams working on the basis that;

F = 5530 N

d = 0.042 m

v ~ 556 m/s

I think the difference comes from the way of calculating the velocity. 2000kph is 2000000 metres per hour so then divide that by 3600 (the number of seconds in an hour) to get m/s.

ah yes, just realised my mistake, I was multiplying by 3600 not dividing  :blush:

Doing it again I get 1.5mg. So my first answer was way off...

Manchester United struggling. Clough leaves Derby County. Bruce Forsyth on Saturday night TV. Terrible Tory Gvmt Is it 1973 again?

:D

Can't be, judging by all the terrible haircuts and lack of Brut.

Edited by villaajax

Arrived home from holiday last Sunday morning at 2.00am and made the mistake of opening two weeks mail awaiting me rather than getting a good nights sleep first. Contained within one of the letters was a summons from my neighbour taking me to court for alleged harassment and intimidation.

No evidence of course in her Affidavit. One accusation is that she can no longer put her washing out in fear of me intimidating her. Took a photo of her yesterday eh putting her washing out.

Bloody travellers!!

• Like 1

Arrived home from holiday last Sunday morning at 2.00am and made the mistake of opening two weeks mail awaiting me rather than getting a good nights sleep first. Contained within one of the letters was a summons from my neighbour taking me to court for alleged harassment and intimidation.

No evidence of course in her Affidavit. One accusation is that she can no longer put her washing out in fear of me intimidating her. Took a photo of her yesterday eh putting her washing out.

Bloody travellers!!

Solution to the Tory gypsy problem

800px-M60.jpg

• Like 1

WHAT A WEEKEND.

Villa and Seahawks win in crazy games. Love sport.

The Seahawks can "blow me where the pampers is" .....respectively, of course

UTV :)

Edited by ME

House alarm goes of at 3 in the morning ....who or what is down stairs

The Homer Simpson scream immediately went off in my head for you. Stay in a corner with a phone and a knife (or any stabby object you currently have access to)......use whichever one is necessary.

• Like 1

That walk down the stairs is something else ....dumbbell bar in hand 

fortunately it was something that fell off the fridge..how far would you go if an intruder was in the house ?

House alarm goes of at 3 in the morning ....who or what is down stairs

My neighbour?

C.E.D is "that" neighbour ?

Â