General Chat

Stevo985

Any Dutchmen on here?

How do you pronounce "Van Den Nieuwenhuijzen"?

Van Den New-en-how-sen

Sorry to be a pedant, but shouldn't it be?

Van Den New-en-high-zen

That's the problem with VT. One question brings different answers ;)

It's kind of between the two... Dutch isn't the easiest to type phonetically as it uses a lot of unusual sounds. Like a G sound is more like an H sound in English but really its more like the noise you might make clearing your throat.

It's kind of between the two... Dutch isn't the easiest to type phonetically as it uses a lot of unusual sounds. Like a G sound is more like an H sound in English but really its more like the noise you might make clearing your throat.

The quiz show QI got a Dutch person to pronounce Vincent Van Gogh. In all the times I'd heard it pronounced by non-Dutch shpeakers, I'd never heard it pronounced that way :)

I'm kind of proud that even though I am desperate for a car I haven't given in to the BS deals they keep trying to throw at me. But it's starting to get to me. I want a car. I found a dealership a few cities away thats willing to give me a fairly good deal. So I'm going to show that deal to a dealership here. See if they will give me something better. But I really am getting worn down. I neeeeeeeed a car. Just hope I do a good job with this deal making stuff. *fingers crossed*

BOF, on 13 Sept 2013 - 3:36 PM, said:

Meath_Villan, on 13 Sept 2013 - 3:00 PM, said:

Sarah silverman ..........im not sure

I am. Your avatar sums it up.

I googled her

some images she is as fit as a butchers dog  ..and in others she looks like the dog

but on reflection I'd probably do her 

I'm kind of proud that even though I am desperate for a car I haven't given in to the BS deals they keep trying to throw at me. But it's starting to get to me. I want a car. I found a dealership a few cities away thats willing to give me a fairly good deal. So I'm going to show that deal to a dealership here. See if they will give me something better. But I really am getting worn down. I neeeeeeeed a car. Just hope I do a good job with this deal making stuff. *fingers crossed*

You should buy a Ford.

Â