PL: West Ham a Match Thread 2009/11/04 19:45

limpid

• Replies 711
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This for me has the same sort of feeling as that game at St James Park last season. We were doing pretty well, had a midweek game against the Toon with a chance to go 4th and it was sodding awful. Played off the park by those jokers!

I hope the result isn't the same this season.

I think we will lose this unfortunately

I might be totally wrong here with this mate but it seems you think this quite often.

You are totally wrong chap and it's more symptomatic with the hype about me which says I am negative more than based in fact.

I have no doubt that we will score. There defence is poor, especially with Spector at RB. Tomkins has played too many games for someone of his age. Noble has under performed this season as well.

Parker could out run Stan in the midfield.

I am worried that Cole could cause problems with Dunne, Cole has been fantastic in the last 12 months.

A really interesting game ahead of us, a must not lose as well.

Last 3 results have all been drawn, exception being extra time v Sunderland, IMO we should have taken 3 of Wolves and Everton for that matter obviously cup games can always throw up a surprise, for me this is a must win, we really should set about West Ham and get a good victory and i think Gabby needs to get another or 2 to keep his eye in, all this should be stitched onto a really good performance of solid attacking football that we are well capable of doing.

This for me has the same sort of feeling as that game at St James Park last season. We were doing pretty well, had a midweek game against the Toon with a chance to go 4th and it was sodding awful. Played off the park by those jokers!

I hope the result isn't the same this season.

When Gabby stank it out!? Missed an open goal (the ball went through his legs as he tried to pass it into the net), then in the second half he ran the length of the pitch and just had to square it to someone for an open goal, but he fell over and scuffed his shot into the side netting trying to shoot IIRC.

I absolutely hate players doing this, like Richardson against us. How about when Van Persie rolled it across to Fabregas in their last European game (think it was 1-1 away in Holland), thats what you like to see. Team game.

I think we will lose this unfortunately

I might be totally wrong here with this mate but it seems you think this quite often.

You are totally wrong chap and it's more symptomatic with the hype about me which says I am negative more than based in fact.

yet you do seem to post this before a lot of games Trickie.

what hype?

Don't believe the hype! Don't, Don't.

as an aside, why do you think we will lose?

According to the Birmingham Mail Gardner is likely to be ruled out with a groin injury. Milner isn't going to play and Petrov is doubful. If all three are ruled out i really wouldn't be surprised if MON goes 4-4-2 with Young, Gabby, Sidders and Coker in a midfield 4 behind John and Emile. I'd hope he'd go Delph, Sidders, Coker, Young, Albrighton behind Gabby because John and Emile up front are hardly the most mobile front pairing and playing a 4 ma midfield with Gabby on the right will leav us even more exposed than normal in my opinion.

4-5-1 please and give Albrighton a go on the wing.

Martin O'Neill faces a selection headache ahead of the West Ham game with Habib Beye and Luke Young both pushing for a start as a result of Carlos Cuellar's suspension.

The Villa boss must shuffle his pack as a result of the Spaniard's dismissal against Everton.

MON said: "We have to make at least one enforced change this week with Carlos missing.

"But the idea of having the squad is precisely for these reasons. We have players in the background at this minute who are more than capable of coming through and who are tried and trusted Premier League players.

"I know their ability and know what they are capable of doing for us.

"Luke had a great, great season for us. He was injured at the start of this campaign. It took an endless amount of time before he was fit and then, of course, he was hit with his family tragedy.

Spore

"He has had a lot to cope with. But I think he is there now - he's been in the squad on a few occasions.

"At the time, we didn't know how long he'd be out for and we took Habib on. He has not complained about not playing and yet I would consider him unlucky not to be in the starting line-up, having played so wonderfully well when we beat Liverpool."

Link

I'm almost certain that coker will come straight in for milner, along with young in for carlos. I think we'll stick with 442 and the only question will be over who partners gabby. I think players get picked on merit rather than positions / suitability, which means coker will start before albrighton or delph.