Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Rumours were going about that Spurs might break their pretty rigid wage structure over these next few weeks and put a couple of players on wages over 100k a week. I reckon that is certainly the case with Bale, or else I would not have seem him extending. And then the fact that they have appeared to hijack the Sigurdsson move from Liverpool. I know they are in a very good state financially, but breaking their wage structure like that, if they in fact are, is very risky if they do not get Champs League within a year or so. Although I reckon if they get a massive fee for Modric, it could easily alleviate most of that problem.

It's only natural to be honest, for all Premier League clubs, that there'll be a raise in wages this summer. With the increase of tv income after the new deal.

An increase that won't come for a few years...

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No matter the increase in TV revenue, it would seem to be a very odd move and big gamble from Spurs to break the wage structure imo.

They are building a new stadium as well....59,00 seater.

Fair point. I suppose the naming rights for that will net them a hefty amount of income.

I was ITK about the Bale contract 2 days ago :D I wish I was ITK about something I actually gave a shit about, like Villa :?
How?

I wish I was ITK about stuff. I've never been ITK about anything, unless reading stuff from here counts as being ITK? :lol:

I was ITK about the Bale contract 2 days ago :D I wish I was ITK about something I actually gave a shit about, like Villa :?
How?

I wish I was ITK about stuff. I've never been ITK about anything, unless reading stuff from here counts as being ITK? :lol:

Just pop down to Tesco, Mantis. It is a proven strategy if you want to be ITK. Although rumour has it that the men in suits have since migrated to Marks and Spencers or Waitrose in an attempt to maintain secrecy from high level ITKs such as CI.

... The problems he faced? As soon as he left Chelsea they immediately improved ... If Di Matteo was there from the start of the season, Chelsea would of been higher then 6th, and would of got more then 64 points. ...

In the league they didn't improve - they got worse: their average points-per-game declined under the new manager.

This makes a nonsense of your claim that "If Di Matteo was there from the start of the season, Chelsea would of been higher then 6th"

In fairness Di Matteo started resting players from April in preparation for the two cup finals.

AVB ended his reign away from home by drawing 0-0 at Norwich, 1-1 at Swansea and losing at Everton and WBA.

Di Matteo's short spell included away games at Arsenal, Liverpool and Man. City so fair to say AVB would've struggled to win those games aswell.

That's not to say I think AVB is a bad manager but I believe Spurs are in for a year or two of transition while Levy turns his attentions to getting the new stadium up and running so AVB will struggle to replicate what Redknapp's been doing the last few seasons.

I think Brad is good for another year. I'm still annoyed that we let him go and replaced him with Shay Given on a five year contract.

Yeah I think we were hung out to dry on that. We wouldn't give Brad a 2nd year so he left. I understand him leaving. He has money troubles and wants to extend his career. More power to him. But then we panicked and went for Given who sat back and demanded 5 years. We gave in. In hindsight they should have given Friedel the 2.

Everyones opinion on Shay Given has gone down since the Euors. He is not held in such high regard anymore. Anyway I think Spurs will come 6th this season. Chelsea will be back, and Liverpool and Spurs will battle for the 5th place. So far AVB has had 1 success and 1 failure in his managerial career. I feel this is the most important job he has ever done and could effectively make or break his managerial career.

Yeah I think we were hung out to dry on that. We wouldn't give Brad a 2nd year so he left. I understand him leaving. He has money troubles and wants to extend his career. More power to him. But then we panicked and went for Given who sat back and demanded 5 years. We gave in. In hindsight they should have given Friedel the 2.

I said it at the time. I get quite a bit of stick on this forum for saying Shay Given is one of the most over rated players to ever appear in the Premier League but I still feel it. He looks great on highlights reels because he capable of the spectacular, but his all round game is limited to say the least.

Â