Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a waste of tax payers money - about £8 Million it's estimated.

When HMRC have been caught coming up with multi million pound cut price deals with larger corporations!

Agree, this case seems very personal !!

No Doubt Arry and his team will be looking to sue now for defamation etc

Could cost a few more Million £'s yet

It was a waste of time and money prosecuting Harry. They didn't prosecute Berkovic or Faye, so why Redknapp? If it was a payment Harry himself just wasn't gaining anywhere near enough from it to go to that trouble to evade tax. Also Mandaric confirmed he told Harry the tax had been paid. They should have just gone for Mandaric, but had already failed in a previous attempt. The Beasley interview evidence would have seemed much stronger if they were simply trying to prosecute Mandaric. It was a stupid case, but I guess they deemed it worth while to act as a deterent.

This is similar to the Ken Dodd case - for those of us who have heard of him ! Similar result too and he did very well out of it by creating 2 new Diddymen - Diddy-do-it and Diddy-hell.

Seriously - this must reflect very badly on HMRC and surely someone should be held to account (don't suppose they will be though)

My own experience of this lot is that they are thoroughly incompetent; God knows what academic level they require to become a Tax Officer - not very high it would seem.

HMRC investigators are all on bonuses as a percentage of what they recover. Having been on the end of one of their 'investigations', which became a 2 year hounding for nothing, I cannot describe the satisfaction and pleasure that I felt as my accountant effectively told them to go **** themselves!

Back OT, I'm pleased for Harry, because I like the bloke. That said, I am sure that any one of us would have been found guilty, which just goes to make you think that football people are actually above the law. We saw it with Gerrard for a totally different offence, again one that we would all have been found guilty of. The law is an ass.

Have a few pals in different legal posts, they all say the same thing, If you are good at it, work privately, if you aint work for either CPS or HMRC, at least you get a job

To be honest, if you've been following the Vodafone case, you (alledgedly) don't need to have any legal/tax qualifications to work at the top and make key decisions.

If i were a spurs fan id be shitting my kegs right about now

I wonder if the penny has dropped yet that they could lose the best manager they have ever had

No chance he will get offered the job on a part time basis imo he's either in or out come on Arry you know you want the job /Fingerscrossed

HMRC investigators are all on bonuses as a percentage of what they recover.

This is not true.

Not all then? Just a select few?

Possibly. But I'm led to believe that the HMRC pay structure is immovably rigid. Any performance related bonus will not be percentage based.

Â