Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was at my Mom's last night. We were watching the news, and the Redknapp story came on.

he came on the screen and she declared

"He's turned into a right fat slob of a man hasn't he?!"

Yes he has, Mom. Yes he has.

Well, the moment is almost upon us. Could be a judgement tomorrow.

I'm not convinced Redknapp has actually provided any reason for his actions, just tried to provide reasons he might not have done what the HMRC are alleging.

Jury have been sent home as failed to reach a verdict as yet.

Will have been a huge waste of tax payers money if he's found not guilty.

However humiliation value must surely be factored into this.

Jury have been sent home as failed to reach a verdict as yet.

However humiliation value must surely be factored into this.

It will also provide proof that the buffoon defense is a potent and valid one or that your average Juror could well be a cretin

Tbh, millions are wasted on the legal system each week

Having done jury service, I sat through a case for 6 days before the judge through it out! In reality, he could have done this in the first 30 mins or better still the CPS would never have brought it to a judge and jury

If he is found guilty it will be very interesting to see how he is treated by the press who have until now been his best buddies. Will they turn on him? Will they continue to think he can do or say no wrong? Will we see a rush of stories about him as so often happens when a high profile person loses a court case.

I await the judgement with interest, on the balance of what I've heard I don't for one minute believe it was a loan so I think he is guilty.

The interesting development was that the judge will only accept unanimous verdicts.

So one closet Spurs fan on the jury and the whole things a waste of time - I now believe the Jury will fail to reach the required verdict.

The interesting development was that the judge will only accept unanimous verdicts.

So one closet Spurs fan on the jury and the whole things a waste of time - I now believe the Jury will fail to reach the required verdict.

WTF? It looks like that word removed judge is determined candle face should walk. I've just read part of his summing up and it seemed to me he was being unduly favourable to the defence.

WTF? It looks like that word removed judge is determined candle face should walk. I've just read part of his summing up and it seemed to me he was being unduly favourable to the defence.

If you've only read part of the summing up its not really possible for you to come to that conclusion. If the case fails it will be because HMRC **** it up, not that the judge was biased. Unless there is a Spurs fan(s) on the Jury.

Must admit, I thought it was going to Court as the Crouch money was the "tip of the iceberg" and that a load more stuff would come out in Court

It hasn't

The two may face a small fine but at the end of the day why would a billionaire try and save £15k in tax and a multi millionaire a little over 30k ??

Both have great character references, probably donate shed loads to charities etc. They've not had a fair trial, let them go

Â